Only Hearing EDACS Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasStar15

The only thing I can hear on my scanner is the Police in the area who are on a EDACS trunked system. I can't hear any hospital, aircraft, business, amateur radio or anything else. Is it possible I don't have something turned on in the settings. It just seems like something is not right. Anybody have any idea's what could possibly be wrong? Thanks for any help!

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
I would love to have that problem. I'm tired of hearing the dispatch for the 13 year old who threw up in the lunchroom.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The only thing I can hear on my scanner is the Police in the area who are on a EDACS trunked system. I can't hear any hospital, aircraft, business, amateur radio or anything else. Is it possible I don't have something turned on in the settings. It just seems like something is not right. Anybody have any idea's what could possibly be wrong? Thanks for any help!
You didn't specify which scanner you are using and your city, county, and state. Since it seems to affect most everything, make sure the attenuator is not on.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Without your zipcode and what systems you're can't hear, I will assume you are on a simulcast system, the TRX-1 was not designed for simulcast so it is hit or miss as to whether you can receive it at your location.

Once again I ASSUME...because we do not have enough info to actually help you.

TexasStar15

Zip code is 76501 and I have no idea what a simulcast system is. I just assumed with this radio I'd be able to hear aircraft and amateur radio. I haven't heard either.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber

tvengr

Well Known Member
Zip code is 76501 and I have no idea what a simulcast system is. I just assumed with this radio I'd be able to hear aircraft and amateur radio. I haven't heard either.
If you are downloading from the database, you must have the proper service types enabled in scan lists 151 and above.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Did you program them in via the library? if so did you use "zipcode" programming IMO that puts so much on the scanner you miss what you want to hear the most OR did you program some other way such as selecting "Preferred" instead of zip so you can pick and choose only what you want? or did you manually program?

Status
Not open for further replies.