Only Tetra decoding without SDR?

jochenbrandt

I have a question: I am searching for a software wich is alone working as a Tetra decoder. My idea is to use a raspberry pi3+ wich i will build in a all-band-receiver, like ICOM-IC R 7000. the decoder shall start, when i start my receiver. so it must be an bootable image. the technical things are not my problem. i am a technician and HAM operator. i never found like this in the internet, but it must be possible. the decoder only shall decode the audio stream over sound input. the output shall give the decoded voice.

Ubbe

Gnu Radio and Telive are linux tetra decoders but I believe they might need a more powerful CPU than the PI3+

/Ubbe

jochenbrandt

Gnu Radio and Telive are linux tetra decoders but I believe they might need a more powerful CPU than the PI3+

/Ubbe
I know telive and I have it. But that only works with an sdr-stick. I only search a decoder only with audio input.

Ubbe

But Gnu-Radio are built of different building blocks. Can't you design it to use an audio source as it has to use that after it has demodulated the sampled audio from the SDR? I will see if I still got Gnu-Radio somewhere to see what options there are.

/Ubbe

racingfan360

TETRA will need a receiver that can cope with its 25khz RF bandwith, and provide a raw discriminator signal to feed something like OpenEar. I don't recall there being many options on the market to cover that....other than an SDR stick.

morfis

The message is possibly misleading. His software used several pieces of code from other authors but he didn't respect their open source licencing.

However, several versions of his binaries are still dotted around the interweb.