Ontario County Alert Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterk71

Not sure if this post is in the correct spot (new user).

I am looking for the “All County” pager tone for Ontario County NY. I found all of the Fire Department tone sets but Ontario County also uses a single (long tone) alert for special announcement/events, weather advisories, large scale emergencies, etc…

New Minitor 6 pagers being put in service and the “all county” alert is something we want to include in the programming.

Any help would be great.

eng5

Premium Subscriber
There may be an "all–call" tone, and if you are programming your department's pagers, you'll want to work with your radio shop or otherwise through the proper channels. With that said, what I hear most often in the situation you've described is just the standard "alert tone" which is intended to catch your ear, not activate pagers. That tone is usually around 1000 Hz, and for non-life-safety purposes you may have some luck programming scanners to alert on 1000 Hz. It works for me, but nobody's depending on me.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this post is in the correct spot (new user).

I am looking for the “All County” pager tone for Ontario County NY. I found all of the Fire Department tone sets but Ontario County also uses a single (long tone) alert for special announcement/events, weather advisories, large scale emergencies, etc…

New Minitor 6 pagers being put in service and the “all county” alert is something we want to include in the programming.

Any help would be great.
Better yet, just call Car 1's office on Tuesday and get the correct info before you program the pagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.