Ontario fb group.

Newman305

Good evening all.
I've been scanning for several years with much help from peers. Only recently have I started to "tinker" with my SDS100 and learn the more advanced ins-and-outs of it. I have started a fb group for anyone in Ontario to share, chat, and discuss anything scanner related, especially RR database changes and additions. Please feel free to join and invite anyone that may be interested. Will be looking for a more experienced user in the near future to help moderate the group.

Group name on fb is: Ontario Scanner Enthusiasts

Cheers all.

gary123

You may find that there are a lot of us on the forums that do not have FB or have abandoned the platform. I will not get into why FB may not be the best platform for correlating scanner related information. RR has long proven to be a publicly available and open and reliable source of accurate and updated information available at anytime to anyone.

mciupa

The key difference with RadioReference and Facebook is that with a Facebook group you will expose your real identity. Most people choose usernames here at RR to have anonymity (for personal reasons).

ATCTech

Fragmentation or duplication of a common-interest group also leads to more cross-posting, divisive comments and misinformation being spread ("I read on ____ that ____") without valid background evidence but in many cases unsubstantiated embellishment. In other words, it's the internet at it's finest.

EJB

20 + year membership
Good evening all.
I've been scanning for several years with much help from peers. Only recently have I started to "tinker" with my SDS100 and learn the more advanced ins-and-outs of it. I have started a fb group for anyone in Ontario to share, chat, and discuss anything scanner related, especially RR database changes and additions. Please feel free to join and invite anyone that may be interested. Will be looking for a more experienced user in the near future to help moderate the group.

Group name on fb is: Ontario Scanner Enthusiasts

Cheers all.
It doesn't hurt anyone does it?

Why not have it?