opp inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpsmicro

At quick glance, that list looks to be close to a decade out of date.

The RadioReference database is up to date. Do a search of the old "Eastern Canada" forum for a recent discussion of Fleetnet input frequencies.

mciupa

Most of the UHF are still valid:

Wasn't aware of this one: 414.1625, but I'll see what comes up.

I've never been lucky enough to hear the inputs, so can't answer for you.

Overall that bearcat1 list is useless :roll:, but it's good for nostalgia.

Jammin_Jay

That list looks like something out of an old Haruteq scanner book database. LOL. Does that bring back memories

OPP are on a Bell Mobility Radio system called Fleetnet. They use analog portables with digital car radios. The UHF repeaters are analog , while the VHF Fleetnet frequencies are broadcast through digital modulation called P25. A digital scanner is required to hear the audio of fleetnet, but the UHF frequencies can still be picked up by an analog scanner. The UHF frequencies only are transmitted through a repeater range of a few km's from the OPP cruiser.

There is a stronger signal you may pick up in local areas called a Beat Repeater. 413.5375 was the common beat repeater frequency, and that can usually be picked up 10-15 km's away, but they vary. There is a list on this forum that someone created of all the BEAT repeater sites in the province. Which cities/towns have them. They are analog signals, so they can be picked up as well.

Your best bet would be to get a digital scanner. You would hear a lot more then the certain assigned talkgroups, that they have on the car, and beat repeaters that i mentioned. If you need help programming it, prvt message me, or look on the forum for how to program scanner for fleetnet.

As for the inputs, i onced tried this out of curiousity and fun, and have discovered you need to literally be close to an OPP officer with his portable. Its not like that repeater signal 410.8625. It is possible, but the signal is much weaker on the input to pick up on your scanner, then the repeater's output. Your only picking up the signal strength emitted for the OPP portable unit, with no signal boost from a repeater. I have no idea what the output signal is on the portable, in watts or rf strength emitted.

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Keep in mind that the site that probably has the most up to date information is this one.

SCPD

QRT
so does anyone know all the input frequencies for the OPP fleetnet frequencies?

example 138.345 and 138.645 etc....

thanks

DaveH

I've used a vintage version of Trunker which does not suppress displaying input
as well as output channel numbers. As this version didn't have a "map" file to map
channel numbers to frequencies, I'd wait until some hex channel numbers accumulated, then
calculate and fill in the decimal frequencies. Then, you can watch for active frequency
pairs; easiest when site is not too busy.

Input/output pairs are not necessarily the same between sites, even for the same
output frequency.

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.