OPP Patch To Local Police

Muxlow

Super Secret
Since it's Sunday when the OPP weekly patch test with local police dept's, I figured I'd look for some unknown talkgroups to try and figure out what groups are for what local services

While monitoring with Windsor P25 system and the Windsor LMRN site i got
19603 Windsor Police - Had RID 706604
19610 LaSalle Police - Had RID 706614

While also monitoring Chatham LMRN and Chatham-Kent P25 didnt see either of them groups off Chatham site
But did see 19602 Chatham-Kent Police With one of the London Comm RID's

Saw 19605 on the Sarnia site so I'd say that's Sarnia Police with RID 706605

Curious what ya'll got on these 196XX groups that more then likely only active around 8am Sunday's

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm reasonably sure 19608 is Strathroy Caradoc Police (with RID 706612). I haven't been able to line anything up with London Police yet as I'm not sure what time/day they used to do their patch test.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
19612 keeps on showing up on the Whitby tower. Maybe Durham?

Muxlow

Super Secret
Might take a bit of coordination of monitoring Durham's P25 system an LMRN at the same time.Then wait to see if their OPC Common patch goes active the same time 19612 group is active on LMRN.

I ran Unitrunker for Windsor/Chatham-Kent with an alert set for when joins/transmissions of the OPP patch/OPC groups had activity on them then would look over on LMRN.

Fun part is never knowing when the test will happen, seems to be mostly around 8am.
In the FleetNet days London Comm would always have some issue getting the patch going, or the test wouldn't work at all, or have very crappy audio.

mciupa

Boomer
I have 19619 logged last Friday. The problem is I switch all the time from monitoring Toronto, Mississauga and King City tower and rarely Fonthill. Could be Toronto, Peel Halton, or Niagara I'm getting.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Might take a bit of coordination of monitoring Durham's P25 system an LMRN at the same time.Then wait to see if their OPC Common patch goes active the same time 19612 group is active on LMRN.

I ran Unitrunker for Windsor/Chatham-Kent with an alert set for when joins/transmissions of the OPP patch/OPC groups had activity on them then would look over on LMRN.

Fun part is never knowing when the test will happen, seems to be mostly around 8am.
In the FleetNet days London Comm would always have some issue getting the patch going, or the test wouldn't work at all, or have very crappy audio.
It's already been said elsewhere that the OPP notified municipal services that OPC is going away.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
I have seen 19614 (5 hits) for RID 706618 and 19615 (11 hits) for RID 706619 on the Hamilton site..

Matt

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
LPS has a PCOM talkgroup but never seem to use it. They would just have an office flip to a talkgroup (don't know what it's called) that would be patched in with OPP. They would do their thing then the LPS dispatcher would just say go back to your regular OPS group. So I think in a lot of systems PCOM or equivalent was put there with good intentions, but never really needed to be used. The only time I'd usually hear activity on 142.770 around London would be an LPS car wanting into St Thomas sallyport or vice versa.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Interop in Ontario in general never really seems to be a thing. Back when everyone was in the clear, you'd often hear interop testing between the various GTA services which almost universally sounded terrible - if it worked at all. I only ever really heard TPS and OPP patched together for actual incidents, and even then it was a lot of confusion over who's talking to who and callsigns. Sometimes Durham would patch with Toronto back in the iDEN days and you can imagine how good that sounded.

Contrast this to other provinces (Alberta being a good example) where there's Interop talkgroups used all the time between RCMP, Local Police, Peace Officers, Ambulance, Fire, etc....

But, as they always say - interop isn't a technological problem, it's a policy (and usually ego) problem.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ Say it, say 'ENCRYPTION'
Contrast this to other provinces (Alberta being a good example) where there's Interop talkgroups used all the time between RCMP, Local Police, Peace Officers, Ambulance, Fire, etc....

But, as they always say - interop isn't a technological problem, it's a policy (and usually ego) problem.
Also lots of encrypted patching between different LEO agencies, who are encrypted with unique keys.