OPP Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheppy

I have a Uniden Bearcat 235XLT Trunk Tracker Scanner. Am I able to scan the OPP frequencies with this unit? If so Could someone point me in the direction for doing this?

Thanks

sheppy

I don't think my unit will do it....but is there a feed that I can get on my iphone? The only OPP feed that I found was for the GTA. I was looking for a feed for Peterborough County OPP and MNR.

I have the scanner 911 app and 5-0 scanner app, but it does not appear that there is a feed for PTBO OPP

Sorry Sheppy the OPP use a digital radio system the only OPP channels you will pick up are the mobile repeater channels ( usually if your within 1/2 mile of the car and it has it's repeater on) or the urban repeaters. Other than that you will need to get yourself a digital scanner.

To answer your question about a feed for the OPP.... never depend on a feed they do go down. At this point there is no one feeding from that area.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The 235xlt will NOT do OPP (digital P25 and trunked), only trunking in 800mhz.

For UNIDEN handhelds the 250D/296D (with card) and the 396T 396XT will all do OPP

send me a PM or email I can give you a price on a used, or new unit including programming for your area

I know about the MNR channel for the area but who does OPP for Peterborough? Anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.