OPP switchover to LMRN

Muxlow

Super Secret
And it begins
Better get your last listening in today in Essex County 1OPS05. London Comm did a broadcast saying they are switching over to the new radio system TODAY! And will be some short outages and if units don;t have comm's to return to detachment.

Units being told SIM11 will be offline for the next 90 mins and London doing status checks on all Echo units

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
And goodbye to the tows who will literally race to MVC's and get into fights with each other to hook up a vehicle. It was stuff like that that really drew attention to the fact that people were listening in.
At the end of the day, it's technology. And it's going to move forward whether we like it or not. I still remember FleetNet going live like it was yesterday. Crazy that it was 20 years ago.

Muxlow

Super Secret
And goodbye to the tows who will literally race to MVC's and get into fights with each other to hook up a vehicle. It was stuff like that that really drew attention to the fact that people were listening in.
At the end of the day, it's technology. And it's going to move forward whether we like it or not. I still remember FleetNet going live like it was yesterday. Crazy that it was 20 years ago.
Your just OLD :D Bet you were rocking a Motorola bag phone too in that astro van lol

London says SIM11 is back up (i assume its been changed over to P25) Iv got DSD running on site 17 LMRN and Unitrunker hanging out on the Fleetnet side on site 17 also. See if FL just drops off the face of the earth and LMRN gets a couple more LCN's added

Essex tower will be offline for 2 hours. Units are told if they don't have comm's to hit their home button and call PCC on SIM11 or cell phone or return to detachment.

Good night site 17

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Why yes I DID have a bag phone in the Astro lol.

I'm surprised London hasn't added another frequency yet. It's quite busy most days.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Why yes I DID have a bag phone in the Astro lol.

I'm surprised London hasn't added another frequency yet. It's quite busy most days.
Knew it!
Picking up new frequency off site 17 142.365
142.185-1
142.185-2
142.365-1
142.365-2

142.500-1
142.500-2
142.665-1 ACC
142.665-2
142.905 CC

And groups 1005 1006 are active also (BMR techs)

Muxlow

Super Secret
As of 1140 it seems 1OPS05 is now a thing of the past.

19031 is very chatty now on LMRN so I'd take a good guess that's now the Essex group

Muxlow

Super Secret
Also to note. Group 2504 I suspect is MTO Enforcement Essex. MTO and Essex OPP were always patched on FleetNet and about 10 mins or so into the change over I noticed a patch with the Essex OPP group and its been patched all day with a different KEY ID, then OPP and different radio id numbers that are also in the MTO range. So it's a good bet that's the Essex MTO enforcement fellers

Everything so far I've seen on PSRN has been AES encrypted.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I think it's safe to say Lambton and Middlesex will be switched by the end of the week.
Don't say such things! :cry:

Wonder if they are just going site by site. Windsor/Essex site, now Chatham.. maybe head down to Wallaceburg and swap that out later today

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Don't say such things! :cry:

Wonder if they are just going site by site. Windsor/Essex site, now Chatham.. maybe head down to Wallaceburg and swap that out later today

If that’s the case, curious how things will go down in the GTA? Toronto OPP is an active talk group on many sites since they have such a massive coverage area.

gary123

It would not surprise me if they are doing site by site. This would accommodate turning on more voice channels for LMRN and disabling voice channels on the matching FleetNet site. This should be able to be done electronically, BUT there is a possibility they are reusing some of the FleetNet RF frequencies so they need to make sure that the old RF transmitter is indeed inactive.