OPP switchover to LMRN

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I wonder which way they will move next?... keep headed towards the GTA, or north into Huron County etc...

Muxlow

Super Secret
These guys are just zooming along with this aren't they!
EMS it was 1 area per week. Now it's 1 OPS group per day, it seems.

Davage

At 11AM a message went out over the talkgroup 1OPS12 (Perth?) on FleetNet advising everybody to follow the instructions that they were provided to transition their radios over to the new detachment talkgroups. If assistance is needed, return to detachment.

Muxlow

Super Secret
At 11AM a message went out over the talkgroup 1OPS12 (Perth?) on FleetNet advising everybody to follow the instructions that they were provided to transition their radios over to the new detachment talkgroups. If assistance is needed, return to detachment.
That's the typical message that's been given over the last week to each area. So looks like today 1OPS12 is going bye bye and whatever FleetNet towers are in use out that way.

So far this would make Essex, Elgin, Lambton, Middlesex, Oxford and now Perth. Not sure if Huron 1OPS07 has changed over or not.

Aviator747

I was passing through the GTA this week heading to Owen Sound and I heard a transmission for all Mississauga units to report for radio programming. I had my SDS100 with me. I didn't catch what tower or TG it was on. It was Monday afternoon and I was on the 410.

OntFF221

Premium Subscriber
Niagara/Burlington OPP has been doing some odd patching and testing last 2-3 days. I expect next week they'll be over as well. (Bouncing back and forth between Orillia and London while consoles are upgraded; and BMR techs making numerous test messages and verifying vehicle numbers/banner info)

bluwest

Premium Subscriber
Yeah because now things get real if they mess up with the GTA switch over. Talking double or triple the units per talk group and messing up could literally get an officer killed in the line of duty if comms drop.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Yeah because now things get real if they mess up with the GTA switch over. Talking double or triple the units per talk group and messing up could literally get an officer killed in the line of duty if comms drop.
When Essex County changed over they had something like 140 ish radios on their talkgroup. Mobiles, Portables, Detachment radios couple boats. Middlesex County is huge and the Byron tower. Think they have it all figured out by now. If the Byron tower had an issue I think that would of been a major problem but all seems to be going swell for them

krw

Feed Provider
Hi guys, I've had my suspicions. I closed my feed this morning, because I did not hear anything on my radio today.
There was one OPP and a MTO that maybe did not get the message, but now they are gone. Goodbye to the OPP, but I think better things will come after that.

gary123

The MOH probably has far more units loaded on the system than the OPP will have so I'd say the system has been stress tested enough.
The only new thing to keep on top of is additional voice frequencies and tweaking of the neighbor lists on all the sites.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
The only new thing to keep on top of is additional voice frequencies and tweaking of the neighbor lists on all the sites.
Not to mention why the Toronto site has gone offline, with a temporary one in it's place. Curious it would die so soon. I had noticed the RSSI on Site 40 had been greatly reduced before going offline entirely. I wonder if a PA failed or something?

mciupa

Boomer
Hi guys, I've had my suspicions. I closed my feed this morning, because I did not hear anything on my radio today.
There was one OPP and a MTO that maybe did not get the message, but now they are gone. Goodbye to the OPP, but I think better things will come after that.
After reading your thread, I popped the scanner on.

I am hearing Brant, Haldimand, Wellington, Huronia West, Burlington, Caledon, Dufferin, Mississauga, Aurora 407, Toronto detachments.
MTO Enforcement on Hamilton, Peel, Toronto , York currently.