Orange County(NC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
The trouble with relying solely on a Broadcastify feed is you're at the mercy of the feed provider. There are a number of possibilities both within and beyond a feed provider's control that could cause inactivity on a feed: Perhaps the provider's scanner was held onto a talkgroup after a major incident and they never resumed the scan? Maybe the provider experienced an audio issue keeping the scanner from streaming properly? Assuming you're referring to this feed I checked the most recent audio archive as of this posting and am seeing activity. So it looks like the issue (if there was one) was resolved. But then again you made your original post at 3am on a Sunday, I'd doubt there'd be much activity at that hour...who knows?

Last edited:

Chris0516

The trouble with relying solely on a Broadcastify feed is you're at the mercy of the feed provider. There are a number of possibilities both within and beyond a feed provider's control that could cause inactivity on a feed: Perhaps the provider's scanner was held onto a talkgroup after a major incident and they never resumed the scan? Maybe the provider experienced an audio issue keeping the scanner from streaming properly? Assuming you're referring to this feed I checked the most recent audio archive as of this posting and am seeing activity. So it looks like the issue (if there was one) was resolved. But then again you made your original post at 3am on a Sunday, I'd doubt there'd be much activity at that hour...who knows?
Agreed. I tried listening to Orange County on Broadcastify. To kind of get an idea, in general. About why I am not hearing them. When they are 'next door'(neighboring county). UHF/VHF is no problem. But the trunked system is the problem.

The time I made the post. Isn't the only time I have tried to listen to them. But the link you made to the specific Broadcastify page, is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.