Orange County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

I'll be in Orlando during the 3rd week of April for business meetings, and I plan on bringing my 436. I see that they cut over to the P25 system last February, and that almost all law enforcement is encrypted.

Is it worth bringing my scanner just for FD & EMS traffic? I'm torn between bringing the 436, or my CS700 to use on the Orlando DMR amateur repeater...

WXLAKE1677

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; NOKIA; Lumia 900))

Well if you like listening to fire & ems then yes, OCFR & OFD are very active, especially around rush hour interstate 4 keeps them busy, and depending where in Orlando you are you can pick up lake county fire as well.

scannermaster1

Database Admin
Hi Mike, someone I know is in orange county but cannot receive Orlando Fire. They haven't gone TDMA have they? Is there any discussion of that happening any time soon?

I heard from someone a long time ago that it's tough to receive Orlando Fire unless you're just in the right spot. Any truth to this that you know of? How close to the city do you think you have to be?

I appreciate your thoughts on this very much. Thank you.

Rich

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I was in the area a few weeks ago and didn't have any problems receiving them while in Orlando or Kissimee. They were not TDMA at the time.

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Orlando is now merged with the Orange County 46C system. The 25A Orlando system has gone dark. Orlando talkgroup IDs are the 25A decimal IDs + 20000.

Larry

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I added a bunch of ID's to the Orange County system while I was down there including the old City of Orlando talkgroups.

Wish I had more time to spend on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.