ordered the 396t today

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4c346

hello guy's, i ordered my 396t today and the sales person asked if i wanted the software.i told him a few people on this website said they would help me program it.he said if that was so, then i probabally don't need it.what do you guy's think? i appreciate any of your help.i'm going from a pro51 radio shack to the uniden 396t. i know things have changed scanner wise since i bought my last one in 1995.thanks

gatorhater

Once you receive your scanner you can get free software by registering with Uniden. You can get the free software via download at their website. Also, if you want to purchase other software for your scanner. Go to Butel.nl .

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I have been using Butel software for my BC780, BC250 and recently purchased 396. My bias is for Butel only because it has worked and what I am accustom to using. After I registered the 396 I downloaded the Uniden control software (free) and was pleasantly surprised. I am going to continue using the ARC396 software, but in your position I think the Uniden software would be a good starting point.

mike

GrapeApe

Try out the Butel software. It has a free trial period so you can see if you like it vs the Uniden software.

I like it better.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Also try out BCtool. It's a free program, although you can donate to the developer of you want to. It's easy to use and in some ways I like it more than I like ARC396.

Gary

b4c346

thanks for the info gatorhater,i work for public utilities in a state park,an i hate the green gators.went to work at midnight the other night and 5 foot gator scared the sh__ out of me when i walked passed it,then it dissappered into the wooded area.i don't know who jumped back the most ,me or him!thanks again.

n2mdk

Really depends upon where you live how extensive the systems are trying to program. If your new to trunking the software is going to make things a whole to easier.
The good news is that there are free programs available to use to program the 396 and you can always download ARC396 as well. All the programs can be downloaded.
The other thing that makes life easier is the Premium Subscription to this site, with that and the software it's a simple matter of downloading what you want straight from the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.