Ottawa County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB8VJU

Premium Subscriber
I’m up in Ottawa County throughout the summer and am curious as to how exactly the fire dispatching works. It appears some departments are on UHF, 800 P25 system or a mixture of both.

For example, I hear Danbury Township dispatched on 154.100 but also hear them acknowledge and for example yesterday call dispatch on the 800 P25 system requesting a tone-out but then also hear them operate on their UHF channel.

For those who have a chance to more regularly listen, what’s standard operating procedure for these departments?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

west-pac

I’m up in Ottawa County throughout the summer and am curious as to how exactly the fire dispatching works. It appears some departments are on UHF, 800 P25 system or a mixture of both.

For example, I hear Danbury Township dispatched on 154.100 but also hear them acknowledge and for example yesterday call dispatch on the 800 P25 system requesting a tone-out but then also hear them operate on their UHF channel.

For those who have a chance to more regularly listen, what’s standard operating procedure for these departments?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

I'm not sure about Ottawa county, Ohio, but I'm my hometown in Indiana, FDs are paged on VHF, then assigned an Ops channel on the 800mhz P25 system to use until the call is finished. The VHF channel is only used for paging. It may be similar there as well.

firemedic19

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure about Ottawa county, Ohio, but I'm my hometown in Indiana, FDs are paged on VHF, then assigned an Ops channel on the 800mhz P25 system to use until the call is finished. The VHF channel is only used for paging. It may be similar there as well.

You're correct. They are paged on the old UHF systems, and then they respond on the trunked system.

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
You're correct. They are paged on the old UHF systems, and then they respond on the trunked system.
Danbury gets dispatched on 154.100 then mostly use 454.05 with some 800 to acknowledge the call. I M Responding is used by the squad, sort of like text messaging. The whole county seems like one big cluster, if you see kay, when it comes to communications.

KB8VJU

Premium Subscriber
Danbury gets dispatched on 154.100 then mostly use 454.05 with some 800 to acknowledge the call. I M Responding is used by the squad, sort of like text messaging. The whole county seems like one big cluster, if you see kay, when it comes to communications.
These have all been quite helpful. Thanks! Going a bit further, once Danbury starts the call, does the county continue to dispatch for them on UHF or does Danbury dispatch themselves from there until the end of the call or is that what I M Responding is for?

Last edited:

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
These have all been quite helpful. Thanks! Going a bit further, once Danbury starts the call, does the county continue to dispatch for them on UHF or does Danbury dispatch themselves from there until the end of the call or is that what I M Responding is for?
Once the county dispatches Danbury most of the squad communication is to itself. I don't hear much if any reply from their own dispatcher. There is some 800 comm's to the county when something is needed. Fire on the other hand uses their 454.05 more than the squad does. I believe most squad stuff is text using I M Responding. There's only two frequencies used for dispatching fire and squads in the county. Most are dispatched using 154.10 and the middle of the county uses 454.600. Middle of the county uses 454.600 for dispatch and fire squad communications. If you check the data base you'll see almost every FD has a frequency of their own but I seldom hear anything on them. Port Clinton Fire/EMS is dispatched 154.10 with comms on 460.100.
Anyone else not using 454.6, Danbury FD/EMS, or Port Clinton can be found on the 800 Phase 1 simulcast system.

KB8VJU

Premium Subscriber
Once the county dispatches Danbury most of the squad communication is to itself. I don't hear much if any reply from their own dispatcher. There is some 800 comm's to the county when something is needed. Fire on the other hand uses their 454.05 more than the squad does. I believe most squad stuff is text using I M Responding. There's only two frequencies used for dispatching fire and squads in the county. Most are dispatched using 154.10 and the middle of the county uses 454.600. Middle of the county uses 454.600 for dispatch and fire squad communications. If you check the data base you'll see almost every FD has a frequency of their own but I seldom hear anything on them. Port Clinton Fire/EMS is dispatched 154.10 with comms on 460.100.
Anyone else not using 454.6, Danbury FD/EMS, or Port Clinton can be found on the 800 Phase 1 simulcast system.
Thanks much. This has all been quite helpful as it’s different way of doing things than what I’m used to hearing or familiar with...

Status
Not open for further replies.