Oxford PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodburyMan

Does anyone know what Oxford PD uses for Police Radio?

I can pick up their analog Fire and Public Works from half way across the state practically. However there's no Police listed. I'm assuming because they're resident state trooper program, that they are running off Troop A dispatch and Troop A car to car, correct? I just want to verify that. (Comparing this to Woodbury, also RST program that uses L for Dispatch, but they still have their own P25 Simplex radio channel). Given Oxford's force is a bit larger than Woodbury, I'd be surprised that they dont have their own radio channels.

Also, on the subject of RST program, is there a way to identify a RST car (Ex a Woodbury officer using Troop L dispatch) on their calls? Do they have different badge/ID numbers they use when talking with dispatch? (To help weed out other calls on Dispatch vs say local town traffic).

they are running off Troop A dispatch and Troop A car to car, correct?
Yes they are dispatched from Troop A. I forget the numbers, but they are ACXX cars. I have the ID's labeled as Oxford, so you'll have to make a note of them when you hear them, unless someone knows. Start with AC33,AC37,AC40, AC41, AC42, etc.

They have Oxford-related plates on their cruisers. (XX OX).

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I didn't realize they are using XX now also for the additional municipal plates.

I didn't realize they are using XX now also for the additional municipal plates.
Very funny!

"XX" = a random number, possibly the Trooper badge number.
OX = OXford

Off course the same resident trooper doesn't always get into the same car.

Last edited:

mkt853

Very funny!

OX = OXford

The resident trooper would never be driving a car with muni plates, and they generally do drive the same car every day as the cars are assigned to the troopers for personal use (as long as they don't leave the state) and for when they are on duty, and they are always happy when they "get a new car" because it is basically theirs for its 100k mile life.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Very funny!

OX = OXford

I wasn't being funny. I think I misinterpreted what you meant or how you typed it in your example.

Ansonia where I live has "AS" and "AX" for municipal plates. The "AX" have been seen on the Board of ED trucks and a couple DPW vehicles. SO, I am assuming and was interested that "XX" is being used for Oxford's municipal vehicles, maybe an overflow or the state changed something up. All CT municipal vehicles have either a single, double or triple digit number following.

Also having worked for CSP as dispatcher in the past (Troop I), all resident troopers are staffed with their CSP issued vehicles. They are not issued town vehicles, also they would never put a trooper's ID number on any plate. All plates for trooper cruisers are issued regular 6 or 7 alpha-numeric plates in a specific series. Specialized CSP vehicles do get a "state" plate.

Last edited:
Also having worked for CSP as dispatcher in the past (Troop I),
Fair enough. Someone's going to have to explain to me why IC cars come up with different UID's from time to time if they don't change vehicles.

I know that Troopers are assigned their vehicles. My Cousin used to install their radios and I have been monitoring them since they were on Low Band..

Last edited:

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Fair enough. Someone's going to have to explain to me why IC cars come up with different UID's from time to time if they don't change vehicles.

I know that Troopers are assigned their vehicles. My Cousin used to install their radios and I have been monitoring them since they were on Low Band..

IC (Troop “I” “C”onstable) cars are the constables in Bethany, Beacon Falls and Prospect as I’m assuming you know already. So what ever cars or the portables the local constables are assigned, their call ID may be different from the radio ID. For the most part back when I was there, Prospect and Beacon Falls constables all had assigned portables with their radio I’d, this could have changed since I was there.

The troopers portables and car radio identifiers are programmed with their badge number as I remember. The only time the ID’s are different is when they are using a spare car or portable.

Also too, each radio has its own identifier number which is needed to access the system. Could it be you are seeing that come over instead of the call sign ID number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WoodburyMan

Yes they are dispatched from Troop A. I forget the numbers, but they are ACXX cars. I have the ID's labeled as Oxford, so you'll have to make a note of them when you hear them, unless someone knows. Start with AC33,AC37,AC40, AC41, AC42, etc.

Gotcha, thanks!! Woodbury RST is the same, but "LCxx" instead of "ACxx", assuming Troop A vs L is the difference. I found they are low numbers for Woodbury "constable" cars as well, where as actual state vehicles are usually "LCxxx"

Still waiting for Troop L to get CSERN. Seems L and B are the last to get it as well. I get much stronger CERN signals for A than the old 800mhz system for A. Hoping same is true for L when they get it.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I know that area fairly well. I just listen for their descriptions on the State PD channels and I can usually figure it out.

I fear that when CSERN becomes more heavily used I may not hear them from my place. The old 800 CSP channels in the area work fine but CSERN does not, I have to drive up the road to hear anything on CSERN.

Status
Not open for further replies.