I turned the bit error rate function on and replaced it down in the bottom right where a second battery indicator field was on my SDS100 and SDS200. I have a site on my local Fort Worth system that started becoming a problem when it comes to reception 2 years ago. I constantly have high error rate numbers in almost every transmission. I don't have this issue on other layers / sites on the system and they usually stay at 0 - 5. But it is my understanding that others in this area of Northwest Tarrant County have the same issue most of the time on their SDS scanners. It's a matter of signal here and I believe it always is. I know that other friends in the same city, Fort Worth, that live in other areas are able to get the same signals with no issues and no bit error rates. It's just my bad luck where I live in a valley (of the shadow of radio death) unfortunately. Whenever I'm out, and I'm not in the area where I live, I've been meaning to look and see what the bit error rate might be if anything. I don't have good vision and unfortunately I have not thought to do it just yet. But this message has reminded me to check that next time I'm out.
COMMSCAN