P25RX P25 Phase 1/2/DMR Receiver With Bluetooth Audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

btt

Banned
Banned
Curious - how is P2 support coming along?

P2 decoding is not available yet. I have looked over what needs to be done. Much of the necessary low-level changes have already been made in order to start work on it. I will be starting on getting the decoder added in the near future. There is no TDMA in my area yet, so I will be asking for help with testing / debugging from you and others who have indicated that they are willing to help with that.

Mike_G_D

P2 decoding is not available yet. I have looked over what needs to be done. Much of the necessary low-level changes have already been made in order to start work on it. I will be starting on getting the decoder added in the near future. There is no TDMA in my area yet, so I will be asking for help with testing / debugging from you and others who have indicated that they are willing to help with that.
Understood. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, P2 activity on the system I monitor is very limited at this time. However, I understand it will increase as older non-P2 capable subscriber units are replaced (or reflashed if possible). Currently the majority of the activity is still P1 but there are some P2 talk-groups being used.

-Mike

Reactions: btt

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Understood. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, P2 activity on the system I monitor is very limited at this time. However, I understand it will increase as older non-P2 capable subscriber units are replaced (or reflashed if possible). Currently the majority of the activity is still P1 but there are some P2 talk-groups being used.

-Mike

I have a Harris simulcast in the county above me with mixed P1 P2 but at even -110 dBm it'll still pick it up very well. I live in tall trees and the 850 antenna he recommended (I'm from first batch, bought antenna later) made a difference just by sitting on the washing machine!

kinglou0

Placed an order today. More than willing to help out with P2.

Pretty active P2 simulcast system where I live.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Will be glad to do testing on TDMA. I manage an LSM Astro 25 R7.16 (about to be on release 2019.2 in 3 weeks) system and have tons of TDMA strapped and DDM talk groups on my current fleet map.

btt

Banned
Banned
Will be glad to do testing on TDMA. I manage an LSM Astro 25 R7.16 (about to be on release 2019.2 in 3 weeks) system and have tons of TDMA strapped and DDM talk groups on my current fleet map.
Thank you.

[edit]
I forgot to mention earlier, but the radios that are shipping today (2nd batch) will have software/firmware version 2020-07-30_1531 installed. This is the current version available on the website. The improvements over earlier versions are significant.

Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned
Here are a couple of screenshots from the newer versions of the software with a constellation view. One shows a plot of symbols when receiving primarily from one tower vs the amplitude variations caused by multiple towers being received (looks like an X).

simulcast.pngno_simulcast.png

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
@MTS2000des P2 CC? I haven't seen one of those yet since everyone here is still legacy.
CC always operates FDMA.

In Astro 25 parlance, talkgroups may be strapped FDMA or TDMA, or DDM (dual dynamic mode). Most of the talkgroups on our system are provisioned DDM. If no FDMA subscribers affiliate with the TG, it operates TDMA. When an FDMA subscriber joins the talkgroup, it downgrades the talkgroup to FDMA for the duration of affiliation. If a TDMA call is in progress, the zone controller will wait for the call to complete before downgrading the TG.

Some talkgroups are set to FDMA only for cross encoding issues on the current system release. These will be modified once our upgrade to 2019.2 is complete in a couple of weeks.

btt

Banned
Banned
It appears that everyone who wanted to purchase a P25RX for the promotional pricing has one on the way. Thank you to all who are supporting this project! All units that were ordered during the promotional pricing period have been shipped. Next up: TDMA support.

kinglou0

Received my order. Could have gotten it yesterday but the USPS isn’t known for exceeding expectations.

Excellent work with the packaging. Better than a lot of Amazon packages I get. Will try and find some time today to get it setup.

kinglou0

Did a quick "smoke test". Plays very nicely with my Thinkpad X220 which is a relief since I don't like taking more expensive laptops in the field with me. I'll be dragging the P25RX along on some upcoming trips.

A screenshot of my local P25 Phase 2 system. The tower isn't that far from my house and here's what it looks like without an antenna connected to the P25RX.
Untitled.jpg

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Mine arrived safe and sound today and I finally have gotten a chance to sit down and fire it up. Unfortunately my one P25 system that is on the fringe is not cooperating tonight. This was a for the future purchase anyway and I'm looking forward to developments as my new statewide P25 system hiccups its way towards me. In the meantime I'll use it on road trips and to monitor conventional P25 stuff. I did that this evening and I must say the audio quality is great. I am listening through the PC speakers.

Good packaging, nice compact and sturdy enclosure, and definitely plug and play with Windows 10 64 bit.

Received my order. Could have gotten it yesterday but the USPS isn’t known for exceeding expectations.
This pretty much made me spit out my drink when I read it, as I share this sentiment! :ROFLMAO: But....this time it got here on time. Not bad from the left coast to the right coast in 3 days in 2020...

Looking forward to the possibilities, but positive out of the box!

Status
Not open for further replies.