.p97 For placer county and surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSCHOEN

I'm looking for a .p97 that has placer county agencies police/fire/sheriff and surrounding areas. This would be a huge help and save me a lot of time. Please pm me and I'll send you my email address.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I PM'd you before reading this post. I can create such a file for you, but I'll have more questions when I am going through my list as I have literally 100s of frequencies.

placer county agencies police/fire/sheriff and surrounding areas
LOL @ "surrounding areas" as I expect that means Sacramento. Let me put it this way, I run multiple scanners 24/7 and montior well over the 1000 channels that these scanners can hold.

For example; I have one bank of 100 frequencies just dedicated to CHP, and it is crazy with them right now while they switch over to new frequencies.

Being in Granite Bay it would seem State Parks (Folsom Lake) would be of great interest; but it does not come under the standard definition of "police/fire/sheriff".

More later,
Happy New Year,
George

MSCHOEN

I like to listen in on El Dorado, auburn, loomis, lincoln, folsom, citrus heights etc.. All I did was use all the freqs found on this websites database, im sure their is lots more.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I like to listen in on El Dorado, auburn, loomis, lincoln, folsom, citrus heights etc.. All I did was use all the freqs found on this websites database, im sure their is lots more.
I really don't try and keep up with what is listed here in the DB. I actually LISTEN 24/7 and can send you a file. Certainly there are "more frequencies", that's why I asked you to be specific about what you wanted to hear.

Anyway, PM me with your direct email and I'll send you a .p97 file with what you've indicated above.

kd6fvx

Premium Subscriber
Placer County P25

Is'nt Placer County in the process of converting to P25 digital? A Placer radio tech says it is in the testing stage. Check the data base. Sounds like a digital P25 scanner will be needed.

RolnCode3

Here's my .p97 file I use. Just unzip it and load it up. I haven't updated some of the recent CHP changes, however. The C116 file name refers to the Sac County radio system, and the Oct 08 was the last time I updated the file.

Attachments

• C116 changes OCT08.zip
    42.5 KB · Views: 86

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Is'nt Placer County in the process of converting to P25 digital? A Placer radio tech says it is in the testing stage. Check the data base. Sounds like a digital P25 scanner will be needed.

From what info I could find it looks like they may start (or already are) simulcasting traffic soon. As for shutting down analog, looks to be a long while away.

I have the Placer TRS frequencies programed into a base scanners in the Natomas area and I am not picking up anything on them.

cousinkix1953

From what info I could find it looks like they may start (or already are) simulcasting traffic soon. As for shutting down analog, looks to be a long while away.

I have the Placer TRS frequencies programed into a base scanners in the Natomas area and I am not picking up anything on them.
This is exactly why we have a shortage of channels for emergency radio systems. Too many applicants are getting licenses, for frequencies which they never use! Santa Cruz county has licenses for about 15 UHF repeaters that have been renewed since the late 80s. I have heard only rare transmissions from the city fire marshall on 453.650 mhz in more than two decades. The others are in a spare bank, which has yet to even show me a dead carrier.

Perhaps the FCC should adopt the the BATFE's policy regarding licenses? The police department can get a Class III federal firearms license; but they have just one year to purchase those machineguns and assault rifles, or that license expires. Same goes for those ski resorts that use surplus artillery to blast avalanches...

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin

Well, unless they have another license, the reason you're not picking up anything on these frequencies is that this license is for the North Tahoe system. Both fixed locations are Eastside radio sites (and the Tahoe sheriff's substation).

Status
Not open for further replies.