pa army guard / reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

john1969

with all the snow pittsburgh area is getting we have the guard helping out. is there a way to scan unsecure voice comms?? thanks!

chankel

Premium Subscriber
My experience with NG comms in Maryland was that they used VHF 138-142 MHz gear for their local ops nets, and had access to State Police VHF-Hi nets as well. However, PEMA has largely deprecated their UHF PEMA network at the state level from what I understand. It is likely that PA NG is using OpenScam as well as the PEMA SATCOM system. But try checking between 138-142 and see what you come up with.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I saw pics from news.. Radios looked like VHF antennas on them.

Could be using pema UHF channel as it is build out at least through alleg co.

Frank

talviar

Unless an individual service they were assisting gave them radios, they are operating on State 800 (Opensky) and thus unmonitorable.

Tony

cluzo

Premium Subscriber
Here is a question seems no one has asked yet regarding the Open Sky systems. What stops one of us from going to a radio sales company that sells the OpenSky systems and purchasing a fully programmed 2 way radio for their area? This is assuming that transmit features were prohibited, unless justified or authorized. I just can't fathom that NO ONE without that exact radio can in any way monitor that system. BC

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
My experience is that NG in PA makes exclusive use of STARNET during state requested operations.

Some specialty units (CST, CERF) do use UHF tactical radios when working on scene, but also use STARNET when mobile. The CST carries caches of both UHF and 800MHz portables and has 800MHZ mobiles in their trucks.

The vast majority of locally operated humvees I have seen in the last few years around Philly or Harrisburg and in between have all had STARNET 800MHz antennas mounted on one of the side mirror brackets.

So, I will second Tony's statement...no joy.

talviar

The PANG personnel in my EOC are definately on Opensky. . . .We are providing them a county 800 portable (Motorola XTS2500) if we send them out on a mission. . . . .

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.