Palatine police chase...Motorola your the cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpm

Ok police chase yahoo..big deal!! Really didn't excite me what so ever, other than the individuals needing medical attention after they were caught..a little police brutality there..hmm. But my observation on Northwest Central Dispatchs' digital system. The chase ended up 5 miles from the original starting position..per say. Palatine police weren't able to talk on their portables due to being out of distance (range) I believe the dispatcher reported as such on the air. Bottom line I think the problem we have with these scanner is Motorolas fault. And all along I believe I been reporting distance from the towers has alot to do with the performance of these trunked scanners. I have wrote several observations on such with my observations of playing with both the Uniden digital scanners and gre digital handheld models. With the same result as shown with this chase and the same with the rides of the digital scanners. I'm lucky I'm 1 mile from mine and the darn nexhell tower in between it. But the Lake County EDACS system sucks and I will say that tower has alot to do with it. HMMM..word of thought.

Last edited:

RolnCode3

jpm said:
other than the individuals needing medical attention after they were caught..a little police brutality there..hmm.
WTF? Bad guys need medical attention, so the officers must have been excessive? Stick to radios, it's obviously your area of expertise.

I hate posting outside my geographical area, but I hate uncontested posts like this even more. A repentant stray to the Midwest.

Last edited:

JoeyC

jpm said:
Ok police chase yahoo..big deal!! Really didn't excite me what so ever, other than the individuals needing medical attention after they were caught..a little police brutality there..hmm. But my observation on Northwest Central Dispatchs' digital system. The chase ended up 5 miles from the original starting position..per say. Palatine police weren't able to talk on their portables due to being out of distance (range) I believe the dispatcher reported as such on the air. Bottom line I think the problem we have with these scanner is Motorolas fault. And all along I believe I been reporting distance from the towers has alot to do with the performance of these trunked scanners. I have wrote several observations on such with my observations of playing with both the Uniden digital scanners and gre digital handheld models. With the same result as shown with this chase and the same with the rides of the digital scanners. I'm lucky I'm 1 mile from mine and the darn nexhell tower in between it. But the Lake County EDACS system sucks and I will say that tower has alot to do with it. HMMM..word of thought.

Calm down, put your hatred for the police and big corporations aside and you might make a more readable post. Your paragraph as written is rather difficult to comprehend.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
jpm said:

Reading this post about 3 times, I still have no idea what you're trying to convey. Making a blanket accusation about police brutality serves no purpose in this forum , and since you weren't there, have no right to say this. Also being a paramedic, I know of many ways prisoners get injured, without any help from law enforcement.
As far as the radio system goes, their could have been alot of factors as to why the radios didn't work. Range was a definite possibility, but battery strength, radio malfunction etc. Has anyone else who monitors this system noticed this as well?
Then you went on this tirade about Uniden and GRE scanners and distance from the towers. Yes, this is true with Digital or with Analog systems as well. Being in the city, it would be hard for me to monitor the Wheeling Police dept. for example, not a big suprise. With a Digital System, the further you are, you get the "Digital Garble" as it has been described here and other forums. This will be more prevelant when the Starcom system get's closer to us. Their will be some dissapointed people when they are too far from a tower to pick this system up.
Better yet, maybe Edit your origianl post so we can all comprehend what exactly you're trying to post...thanks.

PhilJSmith67

Making a blanket accusation about police brutality serves no purpose in this forum , and since you weren't there, have no right to say this.
...not to mention that it remains illegal to report the content of most 2-way radio communications heard on a scanner. Posts like this are perfect ammunition for anti-scanner activists and encryption zealots. :mad:

jpm

Interesting

PhilJSmith67 said:
...not to mention that it remains illegal to report the content of most 2-way radio communications heard on a scanner. Posts like this are perfect ammunition for anti-scanner activists and encryption zealots. :mad:

Many people are posting their listening information on this board, very interesting how others are doing it too. HMMM!!!

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
I'll just report on what the original post was about. The Nextel tower could be a very big reason why you were having reception problems. Most citywide digital systems come in very clear however i've just had an experience with listening to the Phoenix PD/FD digital system that just came online on teamspeak. It is very difficult for Phoenix area users to get that system to come in clear due to Nextel towers and other interference, granted the repeater towers are not that far from them. Course it doesn't affect the PD radios, least I havn't seen much complaining from Phoenix PD. So don't blame Motorolla, blame Nextel or whomever is interfering.

Jason

jpm

PhilJSmith67 said:

NWCD puts all their sensative information to responding units via MDT's, so I don't see this system being encrypted and the fact money is needed for such and in my town we have many roads that are in desperate need of repair. Coppers already are marking their traffic stops etc via MDT.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
And the police brutality fits into it where??

Sorry, as your private email to me suggested, perhaps I shouldn't stick my noise into your Illinois affairs.

RolnCode3

Mike_Oxlong said:
And the police brutality fits into it where??

Sorry, as your private email to me suggested, perhaps I shouldn't stick my noise into your Illinois affairs.
I got a private note as well, but couldn't make heads or tails of it. If the private note was to suggest I stay out of Illinois forum, as well, as I posted in my original post, I apologize, but the original post by the thread starter was just so...well...let's just say what I posted was an edit. My original post was a LOT more critical.

The "brutality" comment just struck me as dumb, and I couldn't control myself.

Last edited:

GTO_04

When the portable is out of range I think that's a problem for the officers. It's got nothing to do with the scanner. I think if the dispatcher is reporting a problem, it *might* just be the system.

GTO_04

whowey

illini52 said:
You out of state posters, don't worry. Illinois is full of wierdos.

Like I've said to you at the 'other' place. Everything east of 47....

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
PhilJSmith67 said:

What content?

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
jpm said:
NWCD puts all their sensative information to responding units via MDT's, so I don't see this system being encrypted and the fact money is needed for such and in my town we have many roads that are in desperate need of repair. Coppers already are marking their traffic stops etc via MDT.

Sorry you're so upset, but we still don't understand what this has to do with anything...

*waits for nasty PM*

Status
Not open for further replies.