Panasonic Eneloop Pro AA 2550mAh Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingray327

How many of you are looking for maximum running time on your scanner's 'AA' batteries? I highly recommend these! They are sold at most camera shops for the high demands of digital cameras. They're also all over Ebay. They're normally sold in 4 & 8 packs. There is a seller on Ebay that sells the as single cells. However, the sealed bubble packs offer some assurance that they are not used.

I would not recommend charging these in the scanner using the 5v USB charging. Instead, invest in a professional battery charger such as Powerex Maha chargers. My personal favorite charger:

MH-C801D Offers rapid charge, soft charge, and conditioning.
MH-C801D - Maha Energy

Panasonic Eneloop Pro AA 2550mAh Ni-MH PreCharged 4 Pack Rechargeable Batteries
71tH2LwFaPL._SY450_.jpg

Sometime ago I remember seeing these on sale on Amazon.com. In any event It better to charge any of these rechargeables in a separate charger and not in any scanner is my understanding.

mauiblue

I'd buy mine from Costco if I needed more, because ebay and Amazon both are flooded with counterfeit batteries. At one point, literally every "Ultrafire" brand cell on both of those sites was a counterfeit. Costco, at least I know is buying from authorized distributors.

Counterfeit!?!? I just purchased 3 packs (4 cells in each pack) on eBay. Looks legit and the seller has 99% positive feedback. Price was one of the lowest I came across with free priority shipping. I hope all will be well when I get them.

Regarding the charger, I have a Maha MH-C808M charger that was purchased in 2012 and just the other day I find that it will not charge my AA cells in bays six, seven, and eight. I'm a bit bummed about it as it is a $100 charger. Maha repair can fix it but with shipping and the repair cost would total around $70. I opted for now to get an Xtar Dragon VP4 Plus Charger/Analyzer as I have other rechargeable cell platforms that I use and I always wanted a good battery analyzer. I can get a new charger from Maha at a discount so when I shake the money tree I'll get another Maha charger as I like the features and ease of use.

BTW all of this investment is for a new scanner that I acquired, the Uniden BCD436HP. This is to replace my old Uniden BCD396XT and 10 year old Eneloop AA batteries.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.