Papal Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what might have some activity for this week's visit from the Pope ??

I may be a little far to hear some of the close action, but was hoping that some stuff activity may be on some of the NYPD Citywide freqs.

My guesses where there would be some activity would be:

National I/O Freqs -> http://www.n2nov.net/interop.html
NYPD Tac Channels ??
Federal Freqs

I would also figure that most of the traffic would be APCO-25 or Encrypted....

Even if we can't hear "Pope Activity", it may still be something to hear how NYC is moving PD resources for the visit..

He seems to be taking quiet a tour of NY while in town: http://www.archny.org/papalvisit/tentative-itinerary/

Will be sure to check out the NYDXA Net this Wednesday to hear if there is any more info.
Phil

CqDx

Since they said the protection will be provided by USSS, I suppose those VHF frequencies will come alive also. In the past, the "non-head of the state" protection and misc. traffic are usually in P25 clear, everything else goes encrypted.

As for NYPD, I would keep an ear on CW1 or CW2, depending on which one they use on the day. It will mostly be crowd control but a lot of interesting stuff can be heard there.

Similarly, the media frequencies are also very interesting to hear, may be not as much as the new year's ball drop but nonetheless it could be good source of info as well.

maalox

fps 417.2 p25 is always busy. is anyone been having a problem listening to cw park pd on 151.205 pl 186. lately. there radio seems to be a little scruffy.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
the primary provider of protection will be the u.s. secret service, on vhf encrypted. the pope also comes in with his security also (swiss guard), unknown what they use.

nypd will be using det 2, citywide freqs. esu will be using tac freqs as well.

believe it or not, usss and other freqs are not too interesting to listen to, nor do they hold any "good" info. even know they are encryped, agents usually use code words and dont say "too" much anyway, and they never give out locations.

xpawel15x

I am looking forward to monitor any radio traffic relating to the Pope's visit in NYC. What are the freqs of the Secret Service ? Are they repeated or simplex ? encrypted or no?

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
USSS does have repeated freqs, especially for the NY/NJ/CT region. But all protection takes place on simplex tac freqs in the Vhf range, digital encrypted. Occasionally freqs are in the clear but not for a high level visit like this.

stevenmilford

pope comeing to yonkers

hello all i was wondaring what freq to program in my scanner when the pope comes to yonkers i have a pro 96 scanner i pick up yonkers police westchester county police is there any new freq that i need to program in my scanner and is there any federal ferq that i can use in my scanner while the pope is here thank you in advance

xpawel15x

I am monitoring all the NYPD Citywide channels and all are very active regarding street closings etc. I also, would like to know if there is any federal freq in the clear that I could monitor from NJ. Please let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.