Part Of My Home Set Up

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Nice! I see you joined RR almost 3 years ago but it says that was your first post here in the forums. Welcome! Feel free to tell us more about what all you have there as far as equipment, etc. We love to hear it and to see setups! Add more pics if you want, too.

Sergio_KV4SM

PARAMEDIC/RESCUER COMMS911 DISPATCHER
Feed Provider
Nice! I see you joined RR almost 3 years ago but it says that was your first post here in the forums. Welcome! Feel free to tell us more about what all you have there as far as equipment, etc. We love to hear it and to see setups! Add more pics if you want, too.
Thanks, i am a volunteer emergency dispatcher for the island of Puerto Rico using POC equipment and dispatch console as well. As far of equipment in the foto i have Icom HF radio 7300 for the 20 meter band, HF Yaesu FT-1000 Mark V for 40 meters,Icom -728 HF for the 10,15 and 17 meter band. Yaesu FT-100 D for my wires X node,Anysecu radio mobile for Peanut For Hams,Anytone Dual Bander for UHF,220mhz and VHF. Uniden Scanner Home Patrol 1, 2 radio shack police scanners as well. POC base and HTS as well as other HTS as well for DMR and analog . Digital HTS for WIRES X and YSF. Ameritron AL-80B amplifier for extra power on HF. That is what i have 24/7 working mode, have other equipment for back up not in use at this time. Enjoying the hobby for more than 35 years and never enough jaja. Love to be able to help others in moments of an emergency and keep up with other things as well. Storm Chaser, Skywarn Spotter her in Fl really active in the communications which i think all enjoy. Hope everything is well your way, many blessings and 73's from KV4sm in ham radio and WROA912 in GRMS. All the best.. I have been in RR for more time buy with another account dont remember at the moment, thanks also for the feed back on my photo.

Sergio_KV4SM

Feed Provider
How is the Zastone dual bander?

Kevin
Excellent radio i can't complain. Good reports on the audio and great on the receiving part as well. Has some good features if you like to play with ham gear.

Sergio_KV4SM

Feed Provider
What’s your antenna setup like?
Good Morning, i have for 20 meters a wire dipole about 50 ft in the air, for 40 meters i have a vertical multi band a hustler 6- BTV , for 1012,15 & 17 meters i use imax 2000 about 40 to 45 ft in the air. For my wires X node i use a dual bander Diamond X50 about 40 ft as well in the air. Then my scanners i have them with Diamond D3000N antenna. Thats my home base antenna set up. For mobile the Diamond Antenna SG7500A .

Mogley

Premium Subscriber
I think you beat the record for the most radios in one setup

Sergio_KV4SM

Feed Provider
I think you beat the record for the most radios in one setup
Thanks, but i have seen bigger shacks than mine at the moment . I did have a room with a big set up but had to move out from the house i used to live in and now the space has been reduce. Still equipment in boxes etc but we love the hobby and its on my DNA i guess to help others out at least with communications.

Reactions: WME

Spankymedic7

Hey Sergio, nice set up. I see that you're a paramedic and I'm assuming you live in or around Hillsborough County. If you don't mind me asking, are you still practicing as a paramedic? I am a paramedic and used to work at Sunstar EMS many years ago.

Sergio_KV4SM

Feed Provider
Hey Sergio, nice set up. I see that you're a paramedic and I'm assuming you live in or around Hillsborough County. If you don't mind me asking, are you still practicing as a paramedic? I am a paramedic and used to work at Sunstar EMS many years ago.
Thanks for the comment on my set up, unfortunately i am not working as a paramedic at this time due to a lower back injury. I worked with bayflite in Bayfront Medical Center in St. Pete as a dispatcher as well a couple of years back. The job as a paramedic/rescuer was affected by a guy who was on his cell phone and rear ended my vehicle at 80 mph in 2015. At the time being i am a volunteer dispatcher for the caribean island of Puerto Rico from my dispatch console in tampa. We are part of COMMS911 which includes Rescue, Paramedic,Police and private groups in the different counties from the island so i can keep at least helping others from a different point. Communications has change alot over the years and been able to integrate repeaters and POC has been very helpful on me keeping up with emergency situations. Best of luck and 73's

Spankymedic7

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your back injury. I was injured in the line of duty at Sunstar while responding to a 9-1-1 call, our rig was t-boned by a drunk driver and I wrecked my lumbar spine and pelvis. This was in 2002, and I'm still in pain. It's neat that your working as a dispatcher for Puerto Rico, how does that work? Do 9-1-1 calls get routed to you in Tampa? How does someone get involved with that?

Do you use the NI4CE system? I used that almost exclusively when we lived in Pinellas County. If you use DMR, maybe we can chat more on one of the talk groups. Or maybe schedule a QSO on HF?

ems55

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, i am a volunteer emergency dispatcher for the island of Puerto Rico using POC equipment and dispatch console as well. As far of equipment in the foto i have Icom HF radio 7300 for the 20 meter band, HF Yaesu FT-1000 Mark V for 40 meters,Icom -728 HF for the 10,15 and 17 meter band. Yaesu FT-100 D for my wires X node,Anysecu radio mobile for Peanut For Hams,Anytone Dual Bander for UHF,220mhz and VHF. Uniden Scanner Home Patrol 1, 2 radio shack police scanners as well. POC base and HTS as well as other HTS as well for DMR and analog . Digital HTS for WIRES X and YSF. Ameritron AL-80B amplifier for extra power on HF. That is what i have 24/7 working mode, have other equipment for back up not in use at this time. Enjoying the hobby for more than 35 years and never enough jaja. Love to be able to help others in moments of an emergency and keep up with other things as well. Storm Chaser, Skywarn Spotter her in Fl really active in the communications which i think all enjoy. Hope everything is well your way, many blessings and 73's from KV4sm in ham radio and WROA912 in GRMS. All the best.. I have been in RR for more time buy with another account dont remember at the moment, thanks also for the feed back on my photo.
Nice setup !! Thanks for what you do and have a great Holiday !! Stay safe and 73. Michael WA1UZO