Password reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

rufus-7

I tried to submit the update but even thought I’m logged in it’s still asking me to login. However I forgot my password so I tried to reset it. But I’m not receiving the email with the link to reset my password. Is anybody having issues resetting their password?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I tried to submit the update but even thought I’m logged in it’s still asking me to login. However I forgot my password so I tried to reset it. But I’m not receiving the email with the link to reset my password. Is anybody having issues resetting their password?

Since you are able to post the message above, aren't you logged in?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Since you are able to post the message above, aren't you logged in?
The OP is currently logged into the forums, but the login to the main RR 'home page' (or for importing into software) is separate. You can be looged into the forum, yet not be logged in to the main webpage, or the Wiki.

Is your Web browser set to to remember logins? If so, you might be able to locate the correct password there. In FireFox, for example, saved passwords are accessible under the Tools->Options drop down menu.

Check your email's Spam folder. Also if, in error, your email provider "bounced" a message back, your email in RR would have been marked as incorrect.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The OP is currently logged into the forums, but the login to the main RR 'home page' (or for importing into software) is separate. You can be looged into the forum, yet not be logged in to the main webpage, or the Wiki.

I understand you must be logged in to each part of RR, however it is one password. If it worked for forums shouldn't it work for RR, the Wiki, or even Broadcastify?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I understand you must be logged in to each part of RR, however it is one password. If it worked for forums shouldn't it work for RR, the Wiki, or even Broadcastify?
I guess my point was not clear.

Yes, it is all the same password.
BUT, depending on your browser settings, you may stay logged in for a couple of weeks or more. So, if the OP had logged into the forums several days, or more, since his last login to the main page, the main page login may have 'expired' (timed out if you prefer), whereas the forum login has more time remaining before it has to be refreshed. I never see a new "login" request for the main page at the same time as for the forums. Usually, session expiration on the two areas are a week or more apart.

rufus-7

Yes I checked the spam folder in my email but nothing there either. I’m using iOS on my iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.