Paudling County switching to P25

VoicesInMyHead

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of their plans on encryption? I'm hoping not, I'm expecting it. I hope they at least keep Fire/EMS open, if they do.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
@MTS2000des One of these frequencies is awfully close to another control channel in the metro area... Is it too close for comfort though?
Letter of concurrence was obtained before the RPC would assign it, so they are in theory, good. Part of an LOC states that if interference occurs, the incumbent stays and the new guy has to mitigate or cease use.

Letter of concurrence was obtained before the RPC would assign it, so they are in theory, good. Part of an LOC states that if interference occurs, the incumbent stays and the new guy has to mitigate or cease use.
Good to know processes like that exist! Hopefully it won't be an issue.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
No, Lockheed's system is UHF, not 7/800. Been a while but if I remember correctly, It was close to Fulton's control channel. I could be wrong though.
That's right I see Fulton is awfully close but given how well my APX can pick up Fulton in Cherokee Co I doubt it will result in any issues.

That's right I see Fulton is awfully close but given how well my APX can pick up Fulton in Cherokee Co I doubt it will result in any issues.
Yeah when I initially made that statement, it was when I plugged in the Paulding frequencies into one of my SDR's, but it grabbed Fulton.

That's when I also realized I needed to adjust the PPM on that SDR :ROFLMAO:

Shouldn't be a problem anymore lol.