Paypal payements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Tried to renew premium just now. Paypal says I have the option to pay as a guest but still requires an email address to proceed. Took a chance and entered it, then it decided it didn't like my (known, perfectly functional) CC. Have had this problem before because, let's face it, PayPal is the AntiChrist. Is there an altenative?

Hit_Factor

Could be antifraud measures by your CC issuer. Until you call and ask, you'll never know.

I suspect that not having an established paypal account also garners more scrutiny in the transaction.

A CC that works fine at your local gas station is not validation that it will work with a global payment/CC system that is constantly under attack.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
I just used the same system to take advantage of the Black Friday sale at Airspy, never got prompted for an email address. I do remember vaguely this happened here before and Lindsay or one of his minions fixed it, but that was a while back. With PayPal, it's best to just switch CCs to avoid having to talk to them. Paypal easily gets my vote as "Customer Service Most Likely To Cause You To Stab Yourself In The Throat With Kindergarten Scissors".

That sounds like a paypal issue and not an RR issue, @fxdscon has said you can mail in a check. Doubt anyone at RR can solve your paypal issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.