OP25 PCM Underuns When Monitering Motorola SmartZone™ System

Status
Not open for further replies.

LateNightGaming

Premium Subscriber
try buying a usb sound-card they are like $10.00. that did the trick for me.
Thats what I am using
I've been running op25 on the Raspberry Pi 3B, 3B+ and Pi-4B using both rx.py and multi_rx.py and have never had and issues getting PCM underruns. Most typically, I am using the Raspbian Lite versions in a headless stand alone configuration but have also assisted others with op25 on both of the Desktop GUI variants.

If all else fails you might try a fresh Raspbian Buster image and start clean.

Thinking this is what we are going to need to do.

wgbecks

Thats what I am using

Thinking this is what we are going to need to do.

As a suggestion, you might consider installing and using Liquidsoap along with op25, even if you don't intend to setup any streaming. The audio processing blocks shown in the example op25.liq script works equally well to level out local speaker audio as well as to provide an easy interface to ALSA or PulseAudio.

boatbod

Is the RPI3 running headless or with a desktop gui? Is anything else running on the machine at the same time as op25?

wgbecks

Is the RPI3 running headless or with a desktop gui? Is anything else running on the machine at the same time as op25?

On the off chance you might have been using VNC to get into your Pi, you might try using a dedicated HDMI monitor, keyboard, and mouse (if GUI desktop environment) to see if the audio problem clears up. As a suggestion, run Raspbian Lite OS unless you need to use the Pi for other applications requiring the Desktop environment as a means to eliminate a lot of unnecessary processes from the equation.

LateNightGaming

Premium Subscriber
On the off chance you might have been using VNC to get into your Pi, you might try using a dedicated HDMI monitor, keyboard, and mouse (if GUI desktop environment) to see if the audio problem clears up. As a suggestion, run Raspbian Lite OS unless you need to use the Pi for other applications requiring the Desktop environment as a means to eliminate a lot of unnecessary processes from the equation.
It happens if using VNC or not, but not using VNC CONSIDERABLY made a difference. I Will monitor it tommorow morning when there is lots of traffic and report on if it made a difference when there is high traffic.
Running the Pi 4 now, Desktop GUI and nothing else running with the exception of VNC Server, until 5 minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.