• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PD362 Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
I have looked in the forums and have not see where to leave the TG Blank to hear all traffic on a DMR System when you know the CC and Frequency, or is there not a way to monitor without the TGID in the radio,
I am trying to setup a listen only system, I have the Frequency, and CC but no TGID and when I use the standard 100, 1, 2, etc I get no audio.
Using a PD362i

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
That radio was designed for the hotel/restaurant industry and has none of the bells and whistle of the cheaper ham HTs. Both the software and radio are designed with minimal options because the typical user will only use one or two frequencies on a commercially licensed system.

ergbert

The PD362 does not have a promiscuous mode that I'm aware of. If you want to listen to something, you'd need the complete DMR channel information, RX frequency, color code, and talkgroup. I like mine, use it on my hotspot and for short range amateur UHF stuff (repeater, DMR simplex, analog simplex).

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
Fair Enough, I will monitor Via P2 Scanner to hopefully grab the TGID and go from there.
I do see sometimes that the the TGID and Radio ID are the same, for me that is poor programming but get it.
Thanks all for the replies

dazey77

I would just add that the DMR system was never designed to allow for promiscuous mode. Up until a hardware hacker worked out how to do it, there wasn't a single DMR radio that could work in promiscuous mode (the creator of MD tools who came up with a new unoficial firmware for the MD380).
With the success of the MD380, people like connect systems and then Anytone started offering it in amateur radios. A pro-level radio (like Hytera, motorola etc. will never give you a promiscuous mode).
Hytera should really add it to their amateur firmware radios ( the AR685 is the only amateur radio Hytera sells as far as I am aware and I believe its just a PD685 with features removed to lower the price)

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
Fair Enough, I am close enough to the place to simple monitor and get the TGID, it just seemed to be that the radio ID was acting as the TGID. I could see it on the scanner just not on the radio if I programmed it into it.
I do appreciate all the info however so thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.