• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PD365 vs PD375

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazey77

I picked up a couple of these radios recently. I did so thinking that they were basically similar but the 375 having a wider frequency range. I found that they actually have some big feature differences.

The first think I did was to update the software on both radios to V2.05.05.001(v1.06.02.001). The 365 I bought second hand and the 375 new. The 365 I could not get to upgrade to V2, it would only update to V1.06. The 375 came with an earlier version of V2 and upgraded to V2.05. A day or so later I found a forum post which stated that there are two hardware versions of the PD365, and short of looking at the serial number there seems no way I can see to tell the two 365 versions apart.

In the CPS the V2 code plugs have some differences that mattered to me:
-Supports text messaging in both Hytera version and standard DMR (compressed IP). The 365V1 only accepts hytera text messages.
-supports decoding/responding to radio check messages. 365V1 does not respond to these.
-supports decoding/responding to Alert messages. 365V1 doesn't
-Radio has a Cntrl services menu allowing the radio to send alert and radio check messages. Radio check can also be assigned to buttons.
-Supports Pseudo trunk as well as TDMA direct mode.
-My 375 came with the ability to do roaming and encryption neither of which the 365 can (without unlocking features)

The 375 is slightly longer and slightly heavier (11g or so but with a slightly heavier belt clip too). Has a better battery door and perhaps only because its newer, a clearer and brighter display.

So far impressed with both but the 365V1 was missing some features I care about and the 375 has them. I found information on them hard to come by so I hope this can help others, particularly those considering a PD365. I am unclear if a V1 375 exists, I assume not, believing its a newer radio but I may be wrong. I also have no idea how a V2 PD365 stacks up as I don't have one!

Last edited:

dazey77

If take the batteries out of my 365 and 375 the 365 has a A1.02.09.001. The 375 has a V.202.11.001 in the same spot (just below the bin symbol). I assume a V2 365 would have a V2 number in there.

the dutch site I know too. I will PM you another location.

Status
Not open for further replies.