• Who Wants Mississauga Fire

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

tmbstn said:
I was thinking the same thing. I guess if you did a ton of driving it my be helpful to have a few controll towers programed, but it is a bit on the heavy side for a feed.
Eric, man do you ever know your towers. And I know you ain't reading from some book! :)

Jeremy you are too flattering! It isn't rocket science, its is just trial and error and close to 10 years of monitoring. I never cared about the OPP while living in Toronto, I generally monitored city agencies. When I met my future wife I started to commute more and then I wanted to figure out the OPP.

I learned and continue to learn from a great many people here and I try to figure things out myself. So when in 2004 while I was up north I heard Bruce and Grey Co with activity in Haldimand Co. So I learned about patches.

And what I learn I like to pass on and help out people who want to learn. So when I see someone who is frustrated and yearning to learn I enjoy passing on down knowledge cause I know what it is like to be in their shoes.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

REXXZ said:
my scanner is pre programmed.. by Toronto Chris..

I suppose could load everything he has listed opp related lol

I had Niagara Listed but was getting NFS on ti

In order to hear Niagara you only need to make sure that you can receive the Burl/Niagara patched TG and figure out at times if they are also joined on the patch with a MTO enforcement talkgroup.

I dunno if you have a scanner that needs to have all patch talkgroups to monitor or a newer scanner that needs only one of the patches talkgroups.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
tell me what you need off what towers and i can send u a freescan file

better to keep less towers if your staying in one spot

ECCS

the location of the the feed is 403 erin mills..

Which ever tower is closest i suppose... Chrome told me before there was one at Britannia and 401 so figured that's the one i am getting sources from.. What ever opp people want to hear that I can receive more then willing to host it..

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
the location of the the feed is 403 erin mills..

Which ever tower is closest i suppose... Chrome told me before there was one at Britannia and 401 so figured that's the one i am getting sources from.. What ever opp people want to hear that I can receive more then willing to host it..

If I were you I would take TOKRIS up on his offer.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Stick with Britannia tower but if you want add Ballinfad as well if you like, any others will be a stretch. I personally like Ballinfad, like Eric said you get alot of different TG on their (more policing then traffic)

Last edited:

ECCS

If torontokris wants to send me a file for Ballinfad ill load it up

ECCS

Agree @chrome69 but figured give it a shot see what can get...

ECCS

Have moved all feeds to new ant..

Thinking of moving peel police off the B780XLT onto the BCD996XLT that currently is housing peel fire..

and move fire over to the b780xlt..

I found sound quality with the 780 is **** compared to 996 and far more active feed is prp..

Input welcomed

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
It's your show brother, Thank's for taking the time and $$ to even host a feed for us to enjoy. It would be cool to see some pic's of your set-up, as you have gone to so much effort to tweek it. Thank's Again.

ECCS

tiss a simple setup..

3 radio's in a stand i got from scanner master.. and a simple outdoor ant running into 1 pc with 3 sound cards

SCPD

QRT
REXXZ when is the fire feed going to be back up and is the sould qaulity going to be back to normal or is it going to be S***

Status
Not open for further replies.