PEI Fire Departments

DJBio

Premium Subscriber
I am thinking of programming by old RS pro-29 with the fire departments I can where I live. I'm not sure how many I can pick up as of yet as I am waiting on a power pole to be delivered and installed for my discone antenna.
If that's a problem to have a lot of frequencies on a feed and only pick up some of them. If that’s no problem I will start to program it

Thanks in advance

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I am thinking of programming by old RS pro-29 with the fire departments I can where I live. I'm not sure how many I can pick up as of yet as I am waiting on a power pole to be delivered and installed for my discone antenna.
If that's a problem to have a lot of frequencies on a feed and only pick up some of them. If that’s no problem I will start to program it

Thanks in advance
If you're providing a feed, generally you'd only want things in your scan list you know you can receive. If you're putting up a pole and discone antenna, you should probably receive most depts in your area. Trial and error really.

You'll need to provide a list of what you're scanning with your feed application. That list will have to be modified if you add or remove depts.

DJBio

Premium Subscriber
I will mark down what ones I am able to pick up as of right now until I get the antenna up in the air.
If you're providing a feed, generally you'd only want things in your scan list you know you can receive. If you're putting up a pole and discone antenna, you should probably receive most depts in your area. Trial and error really.

You'll need to provide a list of what you're scanning with your feed application. That list will have to be modified if you add or remove depts.
And I will be reaching out to you once I get a couple adapters for the 2 SDR’s I picked up to get them set up for a feed as well.

Last edited by a moderator: