Personal Public Safety Radios...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

Personal Public Safety Radio

Our Rescue Squad, EMS and Fire Dept are all on VHF. We also have a UHF channel that is little used for day to day operations. The area medivac helicopter is on UHF. The county sheriff and police are on UHF. Our squad officers carry an additional UHF radio with the medivac chopper and our UHF channel programmed for transmit. They also have the local regional UHF freq on transmit. However, none of the law enforcement freqs are set for transmit. The only persons with a MOU for the police freqs are the two top emergency management officials in the county. I have been queried by squad members about this and I tell the guys to get me a piece of paper from the police chief or the sheriff and I will do it. I figure since the sheriff doesn't allow his own officers to have personally owned radios on his frequency, he wouldn't care for our guys to have them. If the up and coming EMT is getting a UHF radio, he would put FRS freqs in it to use and just listen on the others.

Bob

N

N_Jay

rescuecomm said:
. . . If the up and coming EMT is getting a UHF radio, he would put FRS freqs in it to use and just listen on the others.

Bob

FRS channels are not legal in commercial (Part 90) equipment. ;)

N

N_Jay

prcguy said:
They would be just to listen.

Read it again
"and coming EMT is getting a UHF radio, he would put FRS freqs in it to use and just listen on the others."

rescuecomm

Sorry for the memory lapse. I keep some "GMRS" freqs in my Public Safety Radios. I don't think about the licensing since I have been a member of a GMRS repeater group since 1986. Don't use it much but I keep the license renewed.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.