Pflugerville PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb24700

I'm new to this whole scanner thing. Can anyone tell me the frequency for Pflugerville PD, please.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm new to this whole scanner thing. Can anyone tell me the frequency for Pflugerville PD, please.
jb, welcome to the Texas forum.

Pfugerville does not have a unique "frequency" in the traditional sense. Instead, they use several talkgroup ID's on this trunked radio system:
Austin/Travis/Williamson/Middle Rio Grande Trunking System, Austin, Texas - Scanner Frequencies
Look for them in the group labeled "Travis County Municipalities".

In order to monitor them, you would need a scanner capable of trunk-tracking what's known as a Project 25 (digital) system. Some of the current models that will do that include: (handheld scanners) GRE's PSR-500; Radio Shack Pro-106 (essentially the same as the PSR-500, manufactured by GRE, but sold by Radio Shack; has a different front panel layout); Uniden BCD396XT. Base/mobile scanners (current models): GRE- PSR-600; Radio Shack Pro-197 (same basic scanner as the PSR-600, but sold through R/S stores); Uniden BCD996XT.
Discontinued models, but ones that still can be found through dealers or on the used market include (hh= handheld, b/m= base/mobile): Radio Shack Pro-96 (hh) or Pro-2096 (b/m); Uniden BCD396T (hh) & BCD996T (b/m).

If you're unfamiliar with trunked radio systems, start with this article. There is a wealth of information in the Wiki on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.