Philadelphia Fire & Police Info Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyPhoto

We have created a new database containing not only the frequencies used by both departments, but also station/district locations with a link to a map, and photos of most of the fire apparatus in the city. There is also a section for common terminology used on the radio system.

The link is http://deptinfo.eastcoast911.com/.

PhillyPhoto

@ nursepen: Thanks for the compliment.

@ fmon: Thanks for the compliment as well, and if there's anything missing from it you think you might need while you're in town, let me know and I'll try to include it for you.

PhillyPhoto

Luie, can you explain what the Medic Haste channel is?

In Philadelphia, when medics transport a patient, they give the current report to the dispatcher, and they in turn use the HASTE channel in conjunction with a quick-call tone system to alert the hospitals. All of the hospitals in the city all have radios with the same frequency (47.54MhZ), but are activated by the tones. So some places might use the common med channels to give their report, but Philly goes through their dispatchers to give the reports. Some of the counties surrounding Philly use a similar system where they report to the dispatcher, but the dispatcher will actually call the hospital via a land-line telephone. I hope this helps explain it.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
@ nursepen: Thanks for the compliment.

@ fmon: Thanks for the compliment as well, and if there's anything missing from it you think you might need while you're in town, let me know and I'll try to include it for you.
Thanks Luie, will do.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
That explains the dispatcher's announcment "stand by for hospital notification."

Do you know how staffing is at Philly's FD dispatch? Sounds like they have their hands full! Giving field units the ability to notify the hospitals (thru the 800mhz system or otherwise) would really save the dispatchers some headache!!!

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
That explains the dispatcher's announcment "stand by for hospital notification."

Do you know how staffing is at Philly's FD dispatch? Sounds like they have their hands full! Giving field units the ability to notify the hospitals (thru the 800mhz system or otherwise) would really save the dispatchers some headache!!!

For whatever reason, direct rig to hospital notifications are not very common in this corner of PA. It always struck me as odd the Montco has ER talkgroups on its radio system even though notifications are mostly done from rig to dispatcher to hospital.

In Montco, some EMS companies in the eastern end of the county use a UHF radio link (not MED channels) to report directly to Abington Hopsital's ER when they are inbound.

caffman263

For whatever reason, direct rig to hospital notifications are not very common in this corner of PA. It always struck me as odd the Montco has ER talkgroups on its radio system even though notifications are mostly done from rig to dispatcher to hospital.

In Montco, some EMS companies in the eastern end of the county use a UHF radio link (not MED channels) to report directly to Abington Hopsital's ER when they are inbound.

Yeah, Bucks EMS units have to ask dispatch to patch them to the hospital (through phone, I'm assuming) which they do on a separate talkgroup. I've always wondered why they don't use something like the orange box in Emergency!, or some other more direct method.

2660389581_3e2b722d9b.jpg

(only damn picture I could find)

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Just a quick update. I added a table of contents to each page to make navigating easier.
Looking good Luie, noted the goggle sat on district locations also.

I have the 17 PD and 21 FD talkgroups in a PSR-500 and 600.

Recently ordered a bunch of pdf downloads from Scanner Master which list groups for other PD & FD as well as Aviation groups. Should these be programmed also? And I placed Police and Fire control frequencies in as a multi site setup using the same scanlist for both groups, but may change fire to another scanlist. Is both agencies real active?

PhillyPhoto

Looking good Luie, noted the goggle sat on district locations also.

I have the 17 PD and 21 FD talkgroups in a PSR-500 and 600.

Recently ordered a bunch of pdf downloads from Scanner Master which list groups for other PD & FD as well as Aviation groups. Should these be programmed also? And I placed Police and Fire control frequencies in as a multi site setup using the same scanlist for both groups, but may change fire to another scanlist. Is both agencies real active?

I'm not sure how the PSRs operate so I'll do my best to answer your questions. The fire system has all of the municipal services on it, and unless you have an interest in them, they really serve no other purpose. I would however program any interoperability channels you may come across. The PPD/PFD 1 & 2 channels have been active for major sports activities recently like the World Series.

On a side note for the fire side, don't even bother with any of the tac channels, such as North/South Tac 1-3, Haz-Mat ops, and Rescue ops, as these are encrypted 100% of the time, and are of no use to have in a scanner. I don't really monitor the police side too often, but all of the districts are in the clear, so you won't have any problems with them, and if it's an accident or something along those lines, you will actually get more information from police than any report from the FD.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Anyone on here have a bcd996t and listen to the phily TRS ? Im looking for help with the P25 settings. I just cant get it to decode right.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Where in NJ are you located? If you're anywhere outside of the Camden/Pennsauken/Bellmawr area or real close to Philadelphia you will not decode it properly due to interference. The systems are not designed for use outside the city.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Im in Runnemede. I have 2 to 4 bars. on the s meter. I can hear it . its trunking it ,but
I dont think i have the p25 set right.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I'm going in Wed and have Philly set as Mot 800 on a PSR-600/500. I think the 996 may have Mot 800 setting also.

Status
Not open for further replies.