Philadelphia Fire & Police Info Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Anyone on here have a bcd996t and listen to the phily TRS ? Im looking for help with the P25 settings. I just cant get it to decode right.

I had just programmed my friend's 996 for him on another system, and took it along to Philly while I had it, just to see how it handled. I downloaded Philly FD system using the "Import from Radioreference" feature in bctool, and for some reason, it imported it as a pure P25 system (9600bps). It's not; its a Moto 800 II system with analog and P25 (3600bps) so make sure you have the system in as the right type. I used CC-only mode when I fixedit and it worked great after that.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
I had just programmed my friend's 996 for him on another system, and took it along to Philly while I had it, just to see how it handled. I downloaded Philly FD system using the "Import from Radioreference" feature in bctool, and for some reason, it imported it as a pure P25 system (9600bps). It's not; its a Moto 800 II system with analog and P25 (3600bps) so make sure you have the system in as the right type. I used CC-only mode when I fixedit and it worked great after that.

I looked at my bcool and it has it as a 800 type , and my p25 is set to auto . I turned on the CC.
Thanks for all the help so far all.

JRM5204

Whats up with PFD feed sounds like its a recording. I heard the same transmissions over and over yesterday ''Rescue 1, Collapse 1, Eng 29 off radio", Someone available handled by Police Car 7A & 7C?

ctrabs74

I looked at my bcool and it has it as a 800 type , and my p25 is set to auto . I turned on the CC.
Thanks for all the help so far all.

Set your modulation from NFM to FM. Once you do that, you should be able to pick up the Philadelphia system (that's how I fixed that issue when I had my 396; of course, there was a little trial and error involved as well).

ctrabs74

For whatever reason, direct rig to hospital notifications are not very common in this corner of PA. It always struck me as odd the Montco has ER talkgroups on its radio system even though notifications are mostly done from rig to dispatcher to hospital.

In Montco, some EMS companies in the eastern end of the county use a UHF radio link (not MED channels) to report directly to Abington Hopsital's ER when they are inbound.

Some Chester County EMS squads use the 800 system to contact medical command at Brandywine, CCH, Paoli, Phoenixville, and once in a while Jennersville.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Set your modulation from NFM to FM. Once you do that, you should be able to pick up the Philadelphia system (that's how I fixed that issue when I had my 396; of course, there was a little trial and error involved as well).
Thanks that worked good! I now have a 10db yagi im going to put up soon.

browndymond

digital scanner

i wanted to no if you can pick up police on any digital scanner or does it have to be a certain type i just recieved a digital police scanner i bought off of ebay

timjanus

Great site I was going to buy a digital scanner soon, but now I can go to this and here phila. thanks tim

MizTRon

Help with Motorola GP68

I just received my radio, a Motorola GP68. I am having a hard time trying to set the freqs. I can set a freq to a channel, for instance I set channel 1 to 433.250 and it saves but when I try to set channel 2 thats what shows up in channel 1. It dosent matter what channel I select, it will only save the last freq that I put in. I have downloaded the GP68 manual, and the AP73. I have tried like it said in both, but it still dosent save, any ideas?

Miz TRon

Status
Not open for further replies.