Phoenix Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchjr

Hello there fellow scanner enthusiasts!

Is Phx fire on vhf or have they migrated to the trunked system yet. I can here them on vhf but when dispatch clears a call they call out on a deck frequncy like the Phx pd. When I change freq's to what I think is where the are switching to I get nothing.

Rchjr

Astrak

All fire traffic is still on VHF along with other types of calls, while other incidents will go to 800 K/L decks. Check out the database the K/L deck talkgroups are listed there, they will be off of simulcast B.

rchjr

Astrak,

Thanks for the response, so if one is scanning vhf when they dispatch a call and say switch to deck six you then have to go digital?

Rchjr

phoenicks

Premium Subscriber
Astrak,

Thanks for the response, so if one is scanning vhf when they dispatch a call and say switch to deck six you then have to go digital?

Rchjr
That's correct. All the K decks are digital. They also dispatch on TG 1795, but it is real choppy for me. I have set my scanner to recieve the vhf dispatch and also the digital frequencies. I don't seem to hear much on the K decks other than if they need a rescue dispatched. Have heard a couple of mountain rescues, but I think they are still using vhf on the scene of the fire.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Astrak,

Rchjr

It depends on the "deck". If you hear "Channel six" then they're staying on VHF, but if you hear "K Deck six" then they're on the digital side.

Rumor has it that eventually all will be digital, and hazard calls will be worked on digital simplex, with a repeater in the BC's rig transmitting fireground comm's to the Alarm Room over the DTRS. That will be pretty sweet to monitor.

-AZ

karldotcom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.