• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Phoenix RWC Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
I was curious if anyone on here is using the G4/G5 on Phoenix AZ, RWC Sumlcast system...and if so....how's it sounding ?

jpolich7

Premium Subscriber
Did you happen to buy the G4/G5 and use it for the RWC? How did it work out? Considering same. Thanks.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
I live in Seattle, however I just spent two weeks in the Phoenix area, a week in fountain Hills, and a week in the city of Maricopa. I preloaded my G5 with Fountain Hills fire, ( The rural metro conventional channels ), and the Maricopa County sheriffs office west sites and in Fountain Hills they both worked absolutely great.
I also put in the RWC sites and loaded the Phoenix fire K -Deck as well as the conventional A-deck channels.
When I left F/H, and headed south as soon as I got to Scottsdale I started picking up all of the RWC stuff and it came in clear as a bell. The nice part about this radio as you can load most all of the sites and the radio will pick the strongest control channel and performed flawlessly. For that system this little radio is phenomenal.
When programming, I found that if I program each individual talk group on knob positions two through eight, and once those are programmed then you can go back and make position one a group scan. Worked well
Maricopa PD talk groups worked well down there, as did the conventional Pinal County sheriffs office. I could hear all of the K-deck traffic on the south mountain site, and the Chandler site. I did not program any PD channels for Phoenix but I assume they will work as well as the fire channels did. If you don't regularly listen to Phoenix fire, you might want to put K-1 on a separate knob position or group as it never shuts up.
Again, I was blown away with how well this radio hears these systems and I cannot wait for the phase 2 upgrade so I can hear more stuff up on this end. Also note that I replaced the little antenna with a RadioShack 800 antenna and adapter and it brought my signal strength up tremendously. You can read about this in a post below. Hope this helps, good luck

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
I haven't bought one yet...deciding on whether I would need the G5, or just stick with a G4 and keep the price down. Does anyone have any links...ie YouTube, or otherwise, that I would be able to hear RWC Simulcast A, and B with. Also Is there a Headphone out jack on the radio ?

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Remember that there are still several VHF systems in the Phoenix area, so therefore if I were down there full-time there would be no question that I would buy the 800/VHF G5 model like i have so I could hear anything that I wanted. Also there is no headphone jack on the radio itself, but I believe there is one on the drop in charger accessory

918Dave

Currently monitoring the Phoenix RWC on a G5. WOW. First time I've ever had the' pleasure' of monitoring this system with ZERO issues. I'm blown away by the rock solid receiving. Again, WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.