Pike County

Chuckdiesel01

I purchased a uniden bcd325p2 and had it programmed at Bearcat for Pike County Al.
We had an analog radio shack scanner for years that served us well. The new scanner picks up Pike Cpointy Sheriff, Troy Fire. My old scanner (analog) now picks up the State Troopers and nothing else. When I scroll thru the channels on the new scanner, it shows every channel I would ever want to monitor but no response except for sheriff and Troy fire. We bought the new scanner because we could no longer hear Troy Police. Suggestions and directions are greatly appreciated
thank you

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
I purchased a uniden bcd325p2 and had it programmed at Bearcat for Pike County Al.
We had an analog radio shack scanner for years that served us well. The new scanner picks up Pike Cpointy Sheriff, Troy Fire. My old scanner (analog) now picks up the State Troopers and nothing else. When I scroll thru the channels on the new scanner, it shows every channel I would ever want to monitor but no response except for sheriff and Troy fire. We bought the new scanner because we could no longer hear Troy Police. Suggestions and directions are greatly appreciated
thank you
Monday 3:20 pm
Me and some other guys have been trying to figure out what Pike and Troy are doing. Its been a couple of months sense I
monitored them. Maybe they will see this and answer your questions. I'll see what I have for them. I use an SDR usb radio
and my computer to play with. How do you program your radio (software)? Also do you have a premium account with RR so
you can download its database from Uniden? You can send me a Private Message if you want to, that's better that talking here on
the forum page.

Mil

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Just got off the phone with Bearcat. They remotely did some programming and I will see if that fixed my problem
I don't know if you are familiar with what happened to Pike county and Troys comm systems are not. A
company out of Opp Al, S&P Communications is now controlling their radios. Its a NDXN96 trunking system.
S&P has about 25 sites they now are controlling in the SE.

S and P Communications Trunking System, Various, Alabama

is the RR info for their sites. Pike and Troy have sites 10, 11, 29 & 30. You should have some PM's from me
and Joejo95 talking about your situation.

Mil

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Looks as if Troy PD cars are being dispatched by Pike 911. I am monitoring S&P's site 11 here.
I can't monitor site 10 because of a strong site 75 khz below site 10. TG-6001. I can make a favorites
file with just these sites on it I think if you know how to load it into your radio or someone with a
bearcat radio can do it for you. Scanning ain't what it used to be is it!

Mil

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-17 184009.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-17 184009.png
    486.6 KB · Views: 9

TomServo

Area Listener
Premium Subscriber
Will the OP's radio even decode NXDN? I didn't see it listed in the specs on the Bearcat website.

Pike County Sheriffs appear to simulcast on AIRS on talkgroup 29161; I hear bits and pieces here in Baldwin County on a near daily basis. There's also a TG 29165 that I think may be another Pike County channel but haven't heard any audio on it yet. The audio on that Sheriff channel is terrible, though. I can't understand 90% of what they're saying.

sadave

Will the OP's radio even decode NXDN? I didn't see it listed in the specs on the Bearcat website.

Pike County Sheriffs appear to simulcast on AIRS on talkgroup 29161; I hear bits and pieces here in Baldwin County on a near daily basis. There's also a TG 29165 that I think may be another Pike County channel but haven't heard any audio on it yet. The audio on that Sheriff channel is terrible, though. I can't understand 90% of what they're saying.
I can also confirm AIRS TG 29161 and 29165 monitored in Baldwin County. The RRDB has 29161 as Pike County SO but 29165 as yet unidentified. Of course, we're hearing this activity in Baldwin County because at least one the Pike County SO radios is affiliating with a nearby tower site. I've heard them on the Robertsdale site.

Shep

TomServo

Area Listener
Premium Subscriber
The Robertsdale tower seems to catch all kinds of things, it's also where I've heard Conecuh County Fire and something from Dale County in the last week or so.

bmendez

I just hered now on the radio that they are reprogramming enterprise radios not sure what they are reprogramming but hopefully no encryption coming