Please help with Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

bencox3731

I just got a used Pro-96 and am trying to get it to receive radio traffic. The local law enforcement agencies have a trunked digital system. I have put in the primary control number and input the talk groups but I am not receiving any traffic. Please help.

I just got a used Pro-96 and am trying to get it to receive radio traffic. The local law enforcement agencies have a trunked digital system. I have put in the primary control number and input the talk groups but I am not receiving any traffic. Please help.

Programming Shortcut Pro-96 - The RadioReference Wiki

This may help you. It's been along time since I had a PRO 96. I think you have to have it in open mode maybe. But any how here is a cheat sheet link.

SCPD

QRT
Where you at?

What city/township/county you trying to listen to?
Let's take a look at what the database says, tell you just what to put in, etc.
Hopefully it's not something you can't recieve on a '96.

bencox3731

Thank you all for your responses. I finally figured out that I had to set a custom table by setting a Base, Offest and Step. Has anyone started to figure out how to decode DVP? There are several frequencies for the local law enforcement that have DVP on them and all I hear is garbled talk. I would be interested to see what anyone has come up with.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Thank you all for your responses. I finally figured out that I had to set a custom table by setting a Base, Offest and Step. Has anyone started to figure out how to decode DVP? There are several frequencies for the local law enforcement that have DVP on them and all I hear is garbled talk. I would be interested to see what anyone has come up with.
DVP:confused:
Wyandotte ask you to post some info regarding location.

bencox3731

Dvp

DVP is Digital Voice Protection and is used on the Smartnet II 800MHz System and the P25 System. It is the program that encrypts the voices on certain frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.