Police departments in Bossier Parish

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownalan

I am looking for information on frequencies for the police departments in Bossier Parish other than Bossier City PD. I don't seem to find anything in the databases for the towns of Haughton, Benton, or Plain Dealing. It would make sense if they were all on the LWIN system, but I don't find any talkgroups for those departments either nor do I hear them.

I have observed that the patrol cars in Plain Dealing have very small antennas, suggesting to me that they are in the 700-800 mhz range.

Any help would be appreciated.

brownalan

That certainly may be the case. Just two things—there are no talkgroups (that I can find) for them, nor am I hearing any radio traffic that I can identify as them.
I know that over in Webster Parish the local jurisdictions are sometimes on the Sheriff talkgroups and identify as Sarepta 1 or Doyline 3. I have never heard any unit id like that in Bossier on the BPSO talkgroups.

I suppose it is possible that they have unit id’s just like the deputies, i.e., 101, 102, 204, 627, etc. and blend in with the regular traffic. But I never hear any unit talking that gives me any indication he/she is not a deputy.

I guess I need to just ask one of them about their radios!

cajunjerry

I live in springhill. I used to listen to bossier parish a lot but it got pretty busy and I would miss local stuff .but plain dealing police are on the parish lwin. I just can't remember what call sign they use

brownalan

Thanks Jerry.

That makes sense. I am pretty sure that the supervisors have two digit ids (58, 89, etc). There are a bunch of 100, 200, and 300 units which are patrol. The 400 units are mostly the reserve guys who work funeral processions and such. I do hear some 600 units, so I will listen more closely to them and see if I can confirm that. Thanks!

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I will do another review of my travel audio for the Bossier area. Also Mr Canjun Jerry will send me his current UIDs and/or audio files (#36hps, SDS #s) that I could also review as well. Jerry I am updating my LWIN List.

Many thanks and hopefully will have some answers to report.

73 for now.

brownalan

Confirmed, Plain Dealing PD department is on the Bossier Sheriff talkgroup 13522. Just heard dispatch "Sheriff's office to Plain Dealing 625". And then "625 on scene"

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Just keep a record of the UIDs of the radios being used for the various units using the LWIN system and send me a copy of the list Please.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Happens alot with smaller departments in rural areas around here. I'm on the road every day for work but my area stops with Webster/Bienville so I don't often get to go to Caddo / Bossier.

Here in Morehouse, all smaller departments are on SO dispatch as city/village and then unit number. Ouachita's two small departments are the same format but on OPSO Dispatch 2. I've also heard Lincoln, Richland, West Carroll, and Union do the same thing (SO primary dispatch with village then unit number).

In Troop G area I've heard Sarepta, Cullen, and Cotton Valley follow the same format on SO dispatch. When I'm in Bossier / Caddo; main city traffic is so busy that the smaller stuff gets drowned out for my brief visit. You'll just have to listen and note the results for sure.

cajunjerry

Happens alot with smaller departments in rural areas around here. I'm on the road every day for work but my area stops with Webster/Bienville so I don't often get to go to Caddo / Bossier.

Here in Morehouse, all smaller departments are on SO dispatch as city/village and then unit number. Ouachita's two small departments are the same format but on OPSO Dispatch 2. I've also heard Lincoln, Richland, West Carroll, and Union do the same thing (SO primary dispatch with village then unit number).

In Troop G area I've heard Sarepta, Cullen, and Cotton Valley follow the same format on SO dispatch. When I'm in Bossier / Caddo; main city traffic is so busy that the smaller stuff gets drowned out for my brief visit. You'll just have to listen and note the results for sure.
A little off subject. But do you know what town Bruno the bear was killed? He traveled from up north and got hit in morehouse parish

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
A little off subject. But do you know what town Bruno the bear was killed? He traveled from up north and got hit in morehouse parish

Not sure exactly as it was hit then found an estimated month later. But there had been many sightings and 911 calls around Beekman / Log Cabin area (unincorporated small neighborhoods where I live). I assume it was the northern part of the parish based on radio traffic. A month ago, I got a picture of a black bear just hanging out near the road. I wonder if it was the same one.

Back on topic: I forgot to add an interesting note. Richwood and Sterlington, which are the two towns in Ouachita Parish outside of the WM/Monroe area, were using and testing about 3 talkgroups each for dispatch/talk at one point. They have since recycled most of those talkgroups and use OPSO Dispatch 2 for primary comms (thus using OPSO as their dispatch). I assume most small towns do not have a full time dispatch and will likely use the sheriff's office for resources. In fact, most small towns around here have official "police departments" but the officers staffing these positions are parish sheriff's deputies. It's a balance between extra coverage and funds I'm sure.

cajunjerry

Not sure exactly as it was hit then found an estimated month later. But there had been many sightings and 911 calls around Beekman / Log Cabin area (unincorporated small neighborhoods where I live). I assume it was the northern part of the parish based on radio traffic. A month ago, I got a picture of a black bear just hanging out near the road. I wonder if it was the same one.

Back on topic: I forgot to add an interesting note. Richwood and Sterlington, which are the two towns in Ouachita Parish outside of the WM/Monroe area, were using and testing about 3 talkgroups each for dispatch/talk at one point. They have since recycled most of those talkgroups and use OPSO Dispatch 2 for primary comms (thus using OPSO as their dispatch). I assume most small towns do not have a full time dispatch and will likely use the sheriff's office for resources. In fact, most small towns around here have official "police departments" but the officers staffing these positions are parish sheriff's deputies. It's a balance between extra coverage and funds I'm sure.
Thanks for the information. I think I will FOIA the sheriff's department and see what happened with Bruno

brownalan

Plain Dealing has a total of 3 officers and 3 cars I think. No dispatch at all.

The Bossier Fire District 7 and the local EMS unit is dispatched on the Bossier 911 system on 155.265 mhz (DMR) as best as I can tell. The Town of Plain Dealing fire department is defunct.

Status
Not open for further replies.