poll.basic new scanner

which new basic scanner would you pick

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

if you had to decide on purchasing a new gre psr-310 or a new uniden bc125at, which one would you pick,and why ?.

safetyobc

If I had to pick just 1 as my only scanner, it would have to be the 310 because of the 800 MHz coverage as well as more memory.

N8IAA

I voted for neither. Uniden has the form down pat with the 125, but the engineers at Uniden seem to forget that adding 7.5KHz steps in basic radios is neccessary for the USA.
The GRE 310 seemed to me to be a good alternative. I owned a 410 for a short time. The radio I sold to buy it, a Pro-163, outperformed the 410. Sold the 410.
I have four trunk tracking scanners. I really don't need TT'ing in a basic scanner.
A really good basic scanner should support the newer frequency steps without having to have trunking. I would have a 346XT if it had milair frequencies in it. My 396XT receives VHF/UHF conventional and milair frequencies than the 410 did. But, hasn't this all been hashed out in the Sticky on the 125?
Larry

scannersnstuff

But, hasn't this all been hashed out in the Sticky on the 125?

answer - yes,but i'm "fence sitting". want to hear what other's think. i still can't believe uniden's incredibly dumb step size error. unless i'm missing something ?.

rico47635

I prefer GRE scanners to Uniden scanners. The audio from GRE scanners just sounds better to me. But, that is just me.

scannersnstuff

I prefer GRE scanners to Uniden scanners. The audio from GRE scanners just sounds better to me. But, that is just me.

i do like the gre's audio output better than my current uniden portable's. the hiss drive's me nutz though.

Status
Not open for further replies.