Popular Communications Magazine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what forum to ask about this magazine as it covers more than scanning but I’ll start here and a mod can move if needed.

Has anyone subscribed to the new digital edition format of the magazine?

I've subscribed to the print edition for years.
When they announced the digital edition a few weeks back, I went ahead and signed up for the digital edition to be delivered along with my print subscription for one year. It was only $15 dollars.

They were to send an email with the download link on Thursday Dec. 1st but I never received that email.
I checked the spam folders at my email server but nothing there.

I double checked the online form info that I printed out when I ordered and all my info was correct including my print subscriber number.

After one week, I left them a phone message (no department phones were answered when I tried calling) to call me after leaving a message in the subscription departments voice mail. I also emailed them the same day.
That would have been this past Tuesday.
I never received a return phone call at home or my work number and no reply to my email.

So, is anyone signed up for the digital edition and if so, did you receive a download link to obtain the pdf file?

I find it odd that they are not responding as they also publish the CQ amateur radio magazine and others I believe.

Thanks!

kf7yn

I had the same problem. Call Zinio 1-888-946-4666 (M-F, 7am-6pm Pacific) they are the ones who handle the online magazine. Not sure I like the digital version, download options are a bit limited but at least there is no waiting on the US Mail which is about to get slower.

kruser

Premium Subscriber

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I had the same problem. Call Zinio 1-888-946-4666 (M-F, 7am-6pm Pacific) they are the ones who handle the online magazine. Not sure I like the digital version, download options are a bit limited but at least there is no waiting on the US Mail which is about to get slower.

Thanks for that info. I'd only had the CQ numbers so I'll give these guys a call on Monday. Thanks!

I figured I'd give it a try for 15 bucks. I already have almost the full three years on my current print sub so I figured I'd try the digital.
I like both really as I can access the digital from anywhere but at home, it is the print version all the way!
There is just something missing about reading a book or a magazine on a computer screen.
I'll do it but if I have it in print, that takes priority.

What download options do you not like? I also get Monitoring Times digital version and they do offer that in a high and low resolution download.

mrkelso

I guess i should get onboard with this stuff and get my copy sent to me in digital format.

kf7yn

When you download from Zinio, you use their viewer whereas Mon Times uses pdf which I think is more versatile and easier to use. Quoting Zinio's website "To download for reading offline, you'll need to install the free Zinio software." In reality it's okay but I would have prefered pdf format.

Thanks for that info. I'd only had the CQ numbers so I'll give these guys a call on Monday. Thanks!

I figured I'd give it a try for 15 bucks. I already have almost the full three years on my current print sub so I figured I'd try the digital.
I like both really as I can access the digital from anywhere but at home, it is the print version all the way!
There is just something missing about reading a book or a magazine on a computer screen.
I'll do it but if I have it in print, that takes priority.

What download options do you not like? I also get Monitoring Times digital version and they do offer that in a high and low resolution download.

kruser

Premium Subscriber

Well, Zinio could not help as CQ never transmitted my info to them so no wonder they never sent an email!
I was able to contact someone at CQ though so all is now good to go.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
When you download from Zinio, you use their viewer whereas Mon Times uses pdf which I think is more versatile and easier to use. Quoting Zinio's website "To download for reading offline, you'll need to install the free Zinio software." In reality it's okay but I would have prefered pdf format.

Wow, I missed this post somehow. This is a bummer it is not if PDF format. That was my whole point of wanting the digital edition so I could view the magazine on several different platforms.
I'll need to see what platforms the Zinio software supports.
Now I see what you are talking about!

Thanks for this info.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I had to look for it in Zino. There was no email telling me to do so, but I found it in my account when I opened it with my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.