Portables, Portables & Portables!

Status
Not open for further replies.

citylink_uk

Database Admin
Hi everyone,

This is my 'setup'. Well, just a load of radios on my desk!
Hope to make it a more permanent scanning shack' soon.

radiossm8.jpg

Setup Left to Right:

* Uniden UBC3500XLT - scanning just about everything
* FeiDaxin FD450 UHF - parked on a 70cms Amateur repeater
* Motorola MTS2000 VHF - scanning all sorts of stuff
* Motorola GP340 UHF - on my business frequency
* Feidaxin FD150 VHF - currently on a simplex channel

I also have a BR330T and several other portables that wouldn't fit in.

My antenna setup consists of a 2m/70cms Colinear, a 2M band 1/2 wave dipole and a VHF three element YAGI for monitoring.

Thanks for viewing....

Taloniilm

Great to see what our brothers across the pond are using to scan in their respective countries... Thanks for the pics mate...cheers !!!

citylink_uk

Database Admin
Thanks for the comments guys,

Not sure what's the most interesting. All our Police are on a 100% secure TETRA system so there's only Fire on 70Mhz AM, Mountain Rescue on 156Mhz and Ambulance on 166Mhz of the Emergency Services left to listen too. All sorts of PMR to listen too though. I'm also into Trunktracking too using Trunkview MPT1327 decoder. No chance of it being in a scanner from Uniden it seems!:(

citylink_uk

Database Admin
mancow said:
70 Mhz AM?

That's bizzare. What's the deal with that?

[FONT=&quot]It's been that way since the early seventies when they moved of the now FM Broadcast band i.e. back of 107mhz.

Most haven’t upgraded their systems since then and the ones that have are on FM instead.

Most counties systems are getting very tired now and they were promised a nationwide digital system by 2001 so they cancelled their replacement projects. It now looks like it will be 2009 before they get onto the 'TETRA Airwave' system.

Nice and nostalgic to listen too though!
<!--[endif]-->[/FONT]

citylink_uk

Database Admin
pawsrock said:
How do you like your FD-159 VHF radio?
Ron Fone
www.flamesandfur.com

I&#8217;ve had a few of the FD150 VHF and FD450 UHF radios and I think they are excellent value for money.

Really sensitive receiver, 99 channels, keypad programming and just about every basic feature included.

Only problem with them in my opinion in the battery capacity, they advertise them as 5W but I&#8217;ve tested mine on High power and it only gets just over 2.

Also because of its sensitivity, a local pager mast wipes out allot of the 2M band and the 446 band (UK FRS) is interfered by TETRA carriers!

If you go away from the pager masts though they are great radios

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.