POSCAG Freqs?

KJ4LZM

I am exploring POSCAG/FLEX and have only found one frequency - 158,700. I am in the Sandhills area.
Any other active pager frequencies out there?

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Here's a link to a wiki article showing standard paging frequencies. Scroll down to the USA entries. By the way... it's POCSAG. ;)

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I am exploring POSCAG/FLEX and have only found one frequency - 158,700. I am in the Sandhills area.
Any other active pager frequencies out there?

All that I see in now in VA are up around 929 MHz range.

drayd48

Thanks @murrayustud was not aware of that freq, have been monitoring the pager traffic on it. If you have any more Wake pager freqs I'll give it a try. Using SDR# and POCSAG Decoder plugin.
This frequency is the only one I have found for Wake County. It carries all Wake Fire, Raleigh Fire, and Wake EMS on the same channel

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
This frequency is the only one I have found for Wake County. It carries all Wake Fire, Raleigh Fire, and Wake EMS on the same channel
It appears all Wake County EMS calls and some fire are paged out to individual unit cap codes, does anyone know if the is a way to receive all calls on a pager, either a master cap code or a wildcard cap code? The Apollo 924, I want to use, only has the ability to use 8 cap codes. I've been making a list of cap codes using SDR# and the POCSAG Decoder plug-in, and the local cities appear to all be paged out on a single address, but Raleigh and Wake EMS have individual addresses. There is a Administrative All Call and a Fire all call, but they are not always used (from what I can see).

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It appears all Wake County EMS calls and some fire are paged out to individual unit cap codes, does anyone know if the is a way to receive all calls on a pager, either a master cap code or a wildcard cap code? The Apollo 924, I want to use, only has the ability to use 8 cap codes. I've been making a list of cap codes using SDR# and the POCSAG Decoder plug-in, and the local cities appear to all be paged out on a single address, but Raleigh and Wake EMS have individual addresses. There is a Administrative All Call and a Fire all call, but they are not always used (from what I can see).
Got the pager today, and apparently cap codes read using SDR# POCSAG Decoder didn't show duplicate pages on different cap codes, getting all pages now and really happy with it. At times it seems to be too many pages, and I've trimmed down the cap codes to a more acceptable level. Easy to program frequency and cap codes without software or docking station.

IMG_20230315_133401734(1).jpg

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
Amazing! I want in too! Who did you get the pager from? I carried a pager from 2017-2019 in NY due to poor cell service, this would be cool to see if the alpha pages come over before the app alerts us.

Which alerts first, the pager or PulsePoint? Our app alerts after PulsePoint, so it would be cool to get the calls before everyone else.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Amazing! I want in too! Who did you get the pager from? I carried a pager from 2017-2019 in NY due to poor cell service, this would be cool to see if the alpha pages come over before the app alerts us.

Which alerts first, the pager or PulsePoint? Our app alerts after PulsePoint, so it would be cool to get the calls before everyone else.
I haven't had time to look at that, but PulsePoint doesn't include all the info the pages do, so would you rather have fast or factual?

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
We run to the truck and look at the call from the tablet, so the speed of the actual alert takes precedence for me. I can always look at the app alert to see tbe address once I’m in the truck. Our SoG’s require us to be enroute in less than a minute, so just knowing I have to start moving towards the truck is all I need.

Edit to add, we are using active 911, not PulsePoint.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
We run to the truck and look at the call from the tablet, so the speed of the actual alert takes precedence for me. I can always look at the app alert to see tbe address once I’m in the truck. Our SoG’s require us to be enroute in less than a minute, so just knowing I have to start moving towards the truck is all I need.

Edit to add, we are using active 911, not PulsePoint.
I would think it depends on the cap code you have programmed vs the one they are monitoring (and I'd guess they monitor all of them), whichever cap code is paged out first is the first to show up. Using PDW to monitor let's all pages come through, but unfortunately that is a computer program not pager or phone app.

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
The firehouse has a direct link to RWECC, so we can see the calls if we are on the truck room floor, otherwise they rely on Minitor VI pagers and the Active 911 app. The pager will be cool to see all of the special call pages as well.

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to update everyone; I did get an Apollo AP-700 VHF alpha pager and set it up for paging. I have narrowed it down to only my two local FD's as when I added the "CH200" and "WC1" alerts were just too many pages each day. I think this pager may hold less characters than the older pagers because the pages are getting cut off, but it was worth trying for $128.00