Posting of Fire/EMS/PD Incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Slow day or what...?!?

I don't know what the "WIA" is, nor do I particularly care at this point. I guess I'm out of the loop on that one.

What is the big deal if someone posts a breaking incident here? If you don't want to read it, don't click the link. If you don't have something of value to add, don't click the reply button. As for the OP, you have 10 posts...you don't exactly draw a lot of water around here so I'm a little puzzled why you care in the first place. Like I said, if you don't like it then don't read it.

Seems simple enough to me.

*edit*

Clicked the WIA links...seems a little dorkish to me to hover around the computer for the next big disaster to come in across the radio and be posted on the web, but thats just me. If you're into that sort of thing, then have fun guys but I'll not be partaking in the activities.

Last edited:

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
How difficult would it be to provide the Wisconsin users the same type of subtopic area that is present in the Alabama posting area?

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122

Since I am a legal resident of both Wisconsin and Alabama, I appreciate that posting area in the Alabama section. I'd like to see the same feature here in the Wisconsin section where all such posts would be placed in a nice, tidy separate area of the Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum. That way, only persons interested in those postings would see them while the rest of the Wisconsin topic area would remain clear of such posts.

Premium Subscriber
RevGary said:
How difficult would it be to provide the Wisconsin users the same type of subtopic area that is present in the Alabama posting area?

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122

Since I am a legal resident of both Wisconsin and Alabama, I appreciate that posting area in the Alabama section. I'd like to see the same feature here in the Wisconsin section where all such posts would be placed in a nice, tidy separate area of the Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum. That way, only persons interested in those postings would see them while the rest of the Wisconsin topic area would remain clear of such posts.
That is the answer we are looking for...I feel somewhat stupid for not suggesting that.

nslt204

A number of state forums have an incident sub group. Just ask the admins and they will put one in when they have time.

Not a real big deal. seems like we have a few getting their undies in a bunch over nothing.
Thread topics are like TV. If you don't like whats on you are free to change the channel.

mkescan

stateboy said:
Clicked the WIA links...seems a little dorkish to me to hover around the computer for the next big disaster to come in across the radio and be posted on the web, but thats just me. If you're into that sort of thing, then have fun guys but I'll not be partaking in the activities.

You don't sit around computer waiting for a WIA to pop up,a lot of people have WIA going to their cell phones ,and if you think WIA is for dorks then you are calling a LOT of firefighters & law enforcement people dorks.
A few Chief's even get WIA on their cell so they will know what is going on with departments around theirs,some will then tune in on radio,scanner or feed and listen,some even got a few minutes heads up that their department was requested for mutual aid or their department is next up for mutual aid.
Some Milwaukee Red Cross members at home even get their stuff ready just in case they are needed for a house or apartment fire.
WIA has over 500 members including all the Major Southern WI media companies.

Premium Subscriber
mkescan said:
stateboy said:

You don't sit around computer waiting for a WIA to pop up,a lot of people have WIA going to their cell phones ,and if you think WIA is for dorks then you are calling a LOT of firefighters & law enforcement people dorks.
A few Chief's even get WIA on their cell so they will know what is going on with departments around theirs,some will then tune in on radio,scanner or feed and listen,some even got a few minutes heads up that their department was requested for mutual aid or their department is next up for mutual aid.
Some Milwaukee Red Cross members at home even get their stuff ready just in case they are needed for a house or apartment fire.
WIA has over 500 members including all the Major Southern WI media companies.
Hey mkescan, WIA is NOT 100 % on incidents, ONLY on what gets reported to them, no need to keep plugging it we get your point !

mkescan

1268 said:
mkescan said:
Hey mkescan, WIA is NOT 100 % on incidents, ONLY on what gets reported to them, no need to keep plugging it we get your point !

umm..I keep plugging it? Show me the plugs,not counting the reply about it's dorkish.
I couldn't care less if nobody joins WIA,not like me and the other admin guys are making money off a free public group.

nslt204

1268 said:
vivavegas said:
What insult??? Frankly who made you the grammer PD.... if you want to moderate sign up.

You wouldn't be a Chief of some sort in GBFD would you?

I love unsigned posts.

This is the first mention of WIA in RR I can recall, I may be wrong but at the very least it was a long time ago if at all.

Lighten up! Francis

Premium Subscriber
nslt204 said:
1268 said:
Neither is RR or IPN or Milwaukee Fire net or IBN or........

Do you have a point?
Yes, because you prefer one option someone else may like another. No one way to receive them is better...that's all I have been trying to say.

nslt204

Hey I know.......

Dear admin, can you please put up a breaking incident sub forum for Wisconsin so the pointless thread may cease?

Yes I am guilty of not letting it go, but I love unsigned posts.

Thanks and have a great week end,

Premium Subscriber
nslt204 said:
1268 said:
You wouldn't be a Chief of some sort in GBFD would you?

I love unsigned posts.

This is the first mention of WIA in RR I can recall, I may be wrong but at the very least it was a long time ago if at all.

Lighten up! Francis
No sir, I find it strange that a bunch of folks who are pro WIA are jumping on the band wagon this morning also ( that's me agree with you)...signing the bottom of posts is NOT required here. If you want my background PM me , I'll be happy to accommodate you.

Premium Subscriber
Gentleman, I posted a new thread with a poll. Everyone has an opinion and a right to have one.... let the numbers speak for themselves.

cpd38

Premium Subscriber
Wow has this got ugly. I think this is what happens when you get stuck inside all winter. I'm not sure what good name calling is doing. I didn't think this was middle school.

I only suggested that people check out the WIA group as an alternate site since it was already set up for police/fire incidents in Wisconsin and border areas. I suggested maybe getting more people into that because it seems like 75% of incidents posted on there are in the Milwaukee area only and I think it would be nice to have other parts of the state listed.

I personally don't care if it's posted here, WIA, posted on both or doesn't get posted at all. It's not like you're paying for a service that you expect every single thing listed in on any of these sites. Nothing is perfect. I am in WIA and I don't necessarily read posts that don't pertain to where I am. So I guess the same can be done here also.

When it's all said and done, who really cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.