Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
POTUS visiting California soon.

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/notams.html
October 2-3: Stockton, California
October 3: El Dorado, California
October 3: Los Angeles, California

I've heard the Stockton visit will be some sort of fund raiser. POTUS has been at AG Spanos' residence (he's a BIG Republican and owner of San Diego Chargers) in the past for fund raisers so who knows this time. I'd bet Arnold will be there too.

Norman

OCT 3 in El Dorado? umm, don't think so. I live near that tiny town, home of famous Poor Red's Barbeque. How about El Dorado Hills? Norm.

Tweekerbob

Norman said:
OCT 3 in El Dorado? umm, don't think so. I live near that tiny town, home of famous Poor Red's Barbeque. How about El Dorado Hills? Norm.

I live near there too. It is EDH and for the bargain price of $2k a plate you can rub elbows with the Secret Service's finest.

p.s.
Can you believe that in 19 years of living down the street from Red's that I've never once eaten there??! I have had a few Gold Cadillacs though!

p.s.s.
POTUS = President of The United States

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
They've changed it to El Dorado Hills.

# October 2: Reno, Nevada
# October 2-3: Jackson, Wyoming
# October 2-3: Stockton, California
# October 3: El Dorado Hills, California
# October 3: Los Angeles, California
# October 3: San Antonio, Texas
# October 3: Stockton, California

kma371

QRT
Check most of your local inter-agency freqs, stuff like CLEMARS, CHP Command channels and Secret Service 165.7875 (P25 digital) or 165.375 (P25 digital).

kma371

QRT
mkewman said:
are those p25 freqs. posted earlier encrypted?

Very much encryted.

Some comms were in the clear on the last visit, but those were very few. Mostly arrival/departure announcements.

Scanman6

MilAir Activity CAP

Hearing comms on 271.000 AM Tanker and CAP Aircraft. Calling "Bigfoot". have not heard Bigfoot respond. As I recall, that would bee NORAD. Happy Hunting.

0841 - Players in the CAP appear to be BAN##, Fighters TANKER## CAP C&C, BIGFOOT NORAD iIDing TOIs and plotting vectors out of the TFR area. HEADBUTT appears to be callsign for intercept and ID of TOI.

Got some great intel at the handoffs last night.

Last edited:

Norman

Today, Tues, 1PM. Quite a lot of activity on ED Sheriff #2, 159.690, have CP set up.
Helos arriving now. Norm.

sacscan

Norman said:
Today, Tues, 1PM. Quite a lot of activity on ED Sheriff #2, 159.690
159.690 is being simulcast on Folsom PD's Traffic talkgroup (55376). There is about a half-second delay between the VHF broadcast and the 800 one. Sounds kind of cool when you're monitoring with two scanners (one on VHF, one on 800).

Status
Not open for further replies.