Power Plug Pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF7OQQ

Premium Subscriber
I have searched most of this afternoon and came up empty. I have broke my power plug inside the scanner where the wall wart plug into. i have tried several different adapters and they all act the same so i am guess it is the internal plug in the scanner. I can not find anywhere a parts breakdown of the scanner or the part number for the plug. If someone could post the schematic of it or give me the part number for the plug it would be great. Thanks for the help.

P.S. I tried my local RS store and they told me i would have to find the part number for them to order it they couldn't look it up for me W.T.F

I have searched most of this afternoon and came up empty. I have broke my power plug inside the scanner where the wall wart plug into. i have tried several different adapters and they all act the same so i am guess it is the internal plug in the scanner. I can not find anywhere a parts breakdown of the scanner or the part number for the plug. If someone could post the schematic of it or give me the part number for the plug it would be great. Thanks for the help.

P.S. I tried my local RS store and they told me i would have to find the part number for them to order it they couldn't look it up for me W.T.F

Call GRE since they are the ones who make the Pro 106. They may able to help you in the right direction.

GRE America, Inc
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]425 Harbor Blvd.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Belmont, CA. 94002[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]USA.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ph: (650) 591-1400[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fax: (650) 591-2001[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Office Hours: 8AM-5PM Monday to Friday[/FONT]

Here is link that provides number of websites. They may also be able to help you.

GRE America, Inc. - grecom scanner receiver, lcd modules, spread spectrum radio, wireless bridge, scanner antenna, scanner pre-amps.

Last edited:

W2PMX

I did the same thing to a coaxial power jack a few years ago. Use a strong light and a magnifier. Look into the jack. You'll probably see a piece of plastic in there that doesn't belong. If you have a pair of very fine tweezers you might get it out with them, but I ended up using 2 darning needles (using them as the jaws of a tiny pair of pliers) to work the piece out.

Then go to Radio Shack and see if they'll try different Adapaplugs to find the correct one. Then you can use their 273-350 socket to convert your power supply into an Adaptaplug power supply. (This is assuming that the original plug is directly fastened to the wire. If the plug plugs into the wire, all you need is a new Adaptaplug.)

Status
Not open for further replies.