Power Supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpddigital

We've had good luck with DuraComm units with the dual "power modules" if one fails the other will keep you running till you get a replacement.. Just buy any of the quality ones mentioned here that will last :) Don't risk your equipment.

Last edited:

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
you may have had good luck with duracom, but i'll take a linear astron anyday. i've never had a duracom hold up more than a couple or three years, be it a small 10A or a large 100A. and once it is out of warranty there is no repairing it, even duracom won't fix non-warranty units. at least with a linear you can pick up parts cheaply and fix any issue other than a blown transformer. and you can replace that if you are willing to buy one!

John599nj

Premium Subscriber
Qje switching power supplies

Just my 2 cents
I have had a Astron 20a for 15 years without a problem and I used it on hf and VHF and it is heavy. With that said I purchased a QJE 50 amp switching supply with meters for less then what I paid for my Astron 15 years ago.
The power supply is very light and works great. There was a good review in qst on how quiet the QJE unit they tested was. I loved them so much I bought a bunch of them and put them on ebay. I know this sounds self serving but I really do recommend Astron if that's what you like. My Astron had no meter and no adjusting the voltage but it was bullet proof. If you want to look at the QJE power supplies i have them posted in the classified section of RR. Best 73

Status
Not open for further replies.