Power up AR3000 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konrad

Anybody know if the big rotary knob pulls off like the squelch and volume knobs on the AR 3000 scanner? When I plug in the power source,( it's the 120 volt AC to12 volt DC 500ma converter for this scanner), everything highlights in the viewer face, but it doesn't make the click sound when the power is pushed for it to actually come on to program it. I've read on one of these forums there's a reset button behind the face of this radio.Can some one lead me in this direction also? Thank you,.Konrad

mitaux8030

Silent Key
You won't need to pull off any knobs etc to access the reset switch. Just take off the main covers, and you'll be able to see the backside of the display. The reset button is a tiny little button at the top edge of the PCB, about in line with the rotary tuning knob - on the back side of the display PCB that is. If you search for UHF Satcom AR3000a 800 channel mod, that webpage will have a helpful picture - second one down. It even labels the reset button.

If that fails to do anything helpful, then you might want to replace the memory backup battery with a new one then do the reset, which should kick it into life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.