BC346XT: Pre Programing Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

captclint

Mentor
Hey all, i just received a bc346xtc and I want to know how i can listen to the Pre Program list? I know how to go to each Citys but I just dont know how to get it to scan NY. Thanks Steve....
Just hit the appropiate number keys listed here Preprogrammed while scanning to turn on/off preprogrammed sys. However, most of those are quite out of date, and you would be better off looking at the database for these systems

Last edited:

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
I thought the 346 came pre-programmed with all the data from RadioReference.com?
I'm a bit confused with your last comment ... being out of date!!!

Just hit the appropiate number keys listed here Preprogrammed while scanning to turn on/off preprogrammed sys. However, most of those are quite out of date, and you would be better off looking at the database for these systems

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
When the radio came out (was it last year?) it had data from RR - but there have been MANY changes since then....Mike

wtp

lets try again

paul was trying to point out that it is 346 NOT 436
346 came out in 2009
any radio that comes out has some out of date sites.
just because it takes time to get to the consumer, and in that amount of time some systems can change.
the easy to read manual had the quick keys go up to 46 and some other site had new york at 47.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
346 came out in 2009

Hard to tell which scanner the OP has.....

The title of the thread he started says "BC346XT", but in his first post refers to a "BC346XTC". The BC346XTC only came out a year ago, but as Mike said in post #5... even that data in the pre-programmed lists is outdated now.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This will either alleviate or generate confusion. . .

Scanner models that are NOT HP (HP1, 436 or 536) have pre-programmed frequencies in their internal memory. These are frequencies that were valid at the time of the scanner's development. That goes back a few years. Since then, two things have happened in radio communications. Re-banding and narrow-banding. Re-banding caused a shift in frequencies for many trunked systems. Narrow-banding "tightened-up" radio frequencies and in some cases, resulted in new frequencies being used.

Thus these "Non-HP" scanners have outdated data in their internal memory. The fix is to re-program the appropriate systems using a computer program and downloading the most recent data from the RR database (premium subscription needed).

The newer "HP" model scanners, as part of their initial set-up process, go in and grab the most recent RR database information.

Status
Not open for further replies.