Price difference

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I will soon be ordering some coax for my antenna installation. In the past i ordered my coax from DX Engineering. I have also ordered small interconnect cables from wifiexpert.

While comparing prices between DX and wifiexpert i notice that DX is twice the price of wifiexpert for the same coax brand (TIMES LMR400) with same cable length and connectors. Now i know some variation in prices is normal between stores but twice the price seems like a lot and maybe a bit too good to be true. I must admit that so far i have been satisfied with what i got from DX (i use their coax with 3 different antennas at the moment)

So have any of you bought coax from wifiexpert ? are they any good ? should i stick with DX ?

Many thanks
73 de Sylvain

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Pricing will really vary depending on how much they sell. I bought some LMR-400 and LMR-600 for work, 500 foot rolls of each, and it was really cheap in bulk.

theantennafarm.com has LMR-400 for $1.39/foot.

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
So have any of you bought coax from wifiexpert ?

i have had nothing but 100% satisfaction from wifiexpert. They made 42’ of LMR400UF with N connectors and also a 9” LMR400UF jumper to go through the wall. The quality is great. Any messages I sent were replied to quickly, and not by a bot.

They made cables that are not listed. Just send a message with your requirements and they will create an eBay listing if they don’t have it premade

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Pricing will really vary depending on how much they sell. I bought some LMR-400 and LMR-600 for work, 500 foot rolls of each, and it was really cheap in bulk.

theantennafarm.com has LMR-400 for $1.39/foot.
I checked theantennafarm.com. They have decent prices but 218$ for shipping a 239$ order is ridiculous.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
i have had nothing but 100% satisfaction from wifiexpert. They made 42’ of LMR400UF with N connectors and also a 9” LMR400UF jumper to go through the wall. The quality is great. Any messages I sent were replied to quickly, and not by a bot.

They made cables that are not listed. Just send a message with your requirements and they will create an eBay listing if they don’t have it premade

I did not check the shipping fees from wifiexpert. I'll go check it out

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I checked theantennafarm.com. They have decent prices but 218$ for shipping a 239$ order is ridiculous.
Wow. That sounds like next day air to me. I've never paid more than $9.95 for shipping from them.

Ah. Now I see that you are in Canada. That still seems really high.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Wow. That sounds like next day air to me. I've never paid more than $9.95 for shipping from them.

Ah. Now I see that you are in Canada. That still seems really high.
It was USPS standard. USPS fast shipping was 318$. I made a purchase there in 2022 for the same quantity of coax (75 feet of LMR400) and the shipping fees was 62$

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Finally went with wifiexpert. 70$ shipping fees. A bit expensive but still a lot better than the others.